"You're crazy. We're just old friends. She knows that" Jungkook shook his head in disagreement.

"You sure about that?" Seokjin narrowed his eyes. "Cause it seems like you used to be more than just friends," he had stepped closer to the younger friend, "the small pats on the head, the spoon-feeding, locked arms, those are things that a girlfriend does. You're lucky Bora wasn't here that week to witness that. How would you feel if she were to do that with another guy?"

"But I—"

"You may not have meant it but you didn't stop her from doing those things either. That's the problem, Jungkook. Don't you find it weird how she never makes an effort to say greet us? Or how she ignores Bora completely during breaks? She didn't bother answering Bora when she asked her about her day! Four times!"

"She's just—"

"Stop making excuses."

"She's an old friend. That's all she will ever be!"

"Then make sure to tell her that!"

"I'm—"

"She's the girl, isn't she? The one from middle school," your ex, Seokjin didn't need to finish his sentence. Jungkook knew what was left unspoken and he sighed.

"Yes," he nodded.

"I understand that it—"

"No, you don't understand! You don't know what it's like to have this massive guilt weighing over your shoulders for four years, Jin," his voice had given out. "I thought she was dead. I thought she died for my mistakes."

Jin was taken aback. He knew there were things that Jungkook had not wanted to talk about the summer before Jungkook started high school. The older one had just met him three weeks prior to his complete personality change. He had met him through Namjoon, who had met him through Jimin, and so on. And seeing that even Jungkook's closest friends (at the time) had not pried on his weird change, Seokjin hadn't dared to do so either.

He never expected this. What exactly happened that summer?

"I'm sorry," the older one apologized. "I don't know what happened four years ago and I'm not going to pry because it isn't my business. I'll listen when you're ready to tell me," Seokjin's voice stilled. "But don't think you're indebted to her for life. Don't let her confuse your kindness for something else because then someone is going to end up hurt. I don't want it to be Bora."

The younger one's head was low, wanting to drop the matter altogether. "I'm going to check up on Bora," he muttered, turning his feet toward the direction of the nurse's office, already walking away.

"She's not there, Jungkook," Seokjin spoke as Jungkook's form slowly came to a stop.

"Taehyung took her home."

///

Haneul was glaring daggers toward the direction that Jin had taken Jungkook. She hated to admit it but that guy was getting on to her.

Why can't he stay out of my business?

Her goal was already complicated with Jungkook having a current girlfriend. She wasn't planning on wasting time trying to get Jin off her back. She wasn't here to become best friends with his group of friends. Haneul was focused on getting someone back.

"You and I need to have a little chat," a voice spike near her ear, and Haneul whirled around.

She certainly hadn't expected him to talk to her.

Yoongi seemed unbothered by her confusion. He didn't really care what the girl was currently thinking. Deep down, he knew Jin was right about this girl.