Episode 66

"That's an interesting development"
Aoi relaxed back into the chair and put the file onto the desk in front of her.
She had to step by her office and Natsu's school for today to sort out some official issues. She visited the office first and found Zhuang waiting for her there. He showed her his recent findings.

"Aoi, what do you think? Do you think Raina Strauss and Clara Hughes are both related to this case?" Zhuang asked.

"I think they are" Aoi sighed "When I met Alex, he'd already lost his parents and he was quite old compared to other classmates, I did hear that he isolated himself long time after the accident before continuing school again"

"Yeah he told me, it took him alot of time to get over the death of his family and also to recover from the injuries he suffered, it almost took him five-six years before he was able to get back on his feet" Zhuang replied.

"I met him even later, the only person who knew him before me was Kirihara Liliya, they used to be in the same class until he just stopped coming after the accident and got left behind by alot of grades" Aoi spoke thoughtfully.

"Do you think Kirihara Liliya has had any contact with Clara Hughes?" Zhuang asked.

"I don't know, that's what you need to look for, also did you look into their relationship history?" Aoi sighed.

"I did, seems like both were close since school days, at that time there weren't any birth tests so the two only learned later that they were alpha and omega, yet this never impacted their relationship even though it did drive alot of people away from them, friendships like that weren't common that time"  Zhuang reported.

"Kind of like me and Alex" Aoi spoke a bit in a nostalgic tone.

"Yeah, eventually Raina was made to marry Mr. Strauss as some sort of business deal it is not mentioned what and with whom, this created a rift between her and Clara Hughes who was completely against this and she cut ties with Raina for a long time" Zhuang started arranging the papers and pictures from that time in front of Aoi.

"Sounds reasonable to me, she was looking out for her friend" Aoi went through all the stuff Zhuang placed before her.

"A few years later, Raina Strauss was expecting her first child, though it resulted in a miscarriage around the last month, that was when she and Clara Hughes came in contact again" Zhuang told.

"Miscarriage? In the last month?" Aoi seemed like she had something bothering her.

"It happened too suddenly, so Mr. Strauss only arrived quite later, so only Clara Hughes was present with her around that time"  Zhuang explained.

"I see, so what about Clara Hughes herself? Was she seeing anyone at that time?" Aoi asked.

"Seems like she was, she had married an omega and was happily settled with him" Zhuang told.

"So what happened next?" Aoi asked curiously.

"Seemed like Mr. Strauss was really baffled about it and even attacked Raina for killing their child, he started having mistresses and ignoring her"  Zhuang said.

"A**hole" Aoi mumbled "What about Clara Hughes?"

"She and her husband welcomed their first child Alex around that time, so things were quite well for them while they were hell for Raina Strauss" Zhuang explained.

"What about the accident?" Aoi asked.

"Clara Hughes and her husband seemed to be heading to leave the country with their four children by the time the accident happened, their car simply slid off the roads and broke through, falling from height, luckily the car didn't blow but the blunt force  and the damage killed the family on spot, Alex and one other sibling were taken out pretty much dead, the sibling passed away after fighting three days in comma while Alex woke up after a month or so without any recollection of the accident" Zhuang spoke with a sad tone.