Chapter 4

Kai's POV

I overheard gentle chuckles coming from one of the unoccupied rooms in the hallway just as we were preparing to leave for our next lesson. Due to my suspicion, I've dragged Lay hyung with me into the room.

We exchanged looks as I spoke,"Let's go inside."

I looked around only to see my classmates putting some papers on the spot and laughing like hyenas. I initially believed they were ghosts, but I guess I'm just stupid for thinking so.

Realizing it's Junmyeon hyung with the heart-shaped lips boy, I immediately greeted them with a beaming smile. "Hey." Lay hyung follows close after.

They turn to look at us, but as soon as they do, their eyes wind up like they've just seen a ghost.

"O-oh... hey, " Do Kyungsoo greeted back. He's cute.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be in the classroom right now? What are you doing here?"

"Oh, the principal asked us to assist him in organising these papers as he needed to get something done quickly. He also claimed to have informed the teachers that we would be excused for the time being." Junmyeon hyung reasoned, also known as Suho.

"Well... I guess you could have some sort of company, yah? Class is boring, and I don't want to just sit there and pretend like I'm listening anyway. Right, Lay hyung?" I playfully said, wiggling my eyebrows. In a flash, sat down next to Kyungsoo.

"Huh? I-I think so?" Lay hyung absentmindedly replied, acting kind of shy? Wtf

Suho hyung motioned for Lay hyung to follow him as he took the papers out of a box, saying, "Okay then, thanks, but don't expect you'll be excused from the class."

"That wouldn't be a problem." My lips curled into a smile. Absolutely not.

____

We were having so much fun talking about random stuff and laughing our asses off when the bell suddenly rang.

I whined and pouted in annoyance, "Oww, it's lunchtime already." I enjoyed conversing with them a lot. Him especially.

Suho hyung remarked, letting out a tiny giggle, "Now, now Kai, don't be sad. We could do this again, right, Soo?"

"Sure, I guess."

"You guess so? Do you hate my company that much?"

He murmured as a faint pink streak appeared on his cheek, "W-what? No. It's not like that." What a cutie. "Since we are in the same class, I suppose we could meet and hang out again whenever you wanted to."

I asked him, "Really?" and give him my pleading gaze. I should probably try this one with Kyungsoo hyung. No one can resist my cuteness. Not even him.

His gaze softens, which means my strategy worked. "Really," He said as a warm smile appeared on his face, eyes like crescent moon.

I nodded at them and replied, "Okay! Glad to know. See you later, Suho hyung, and of course. You Kyungie, see you~" And left without letting Lay hyung bid his own goodbye.

Someone gripped my arm as we were walking towards the cafeteria, and when I looked back at Hyung, he was sporting an upset expression. What's going on with him?

I said, "What's it?" as I raised my eyebrows.

The final words were barely whispered but not quite enough for me to miss them: "You bastard. How dare you! You didn't let me say goodbye to them, especially to Junmyeon. That was my chance to talk to him a little bit more!"

My lips formed a sly smile, an idea popping into my head. "I- oh, wow. Easy there, Hyung." And laugh, voice teasing, "I had no idea you were really into him."

"What? N-No! I was just being friendly....that's it." And then he's off to somewhere.

You really are easy to read, Hyung.

~~~~~~~~