Interwebs Child Part Three(Angst)

After a long night and restless night of taking care of Maya, Peter and Ned finally are going to call Child Services.
It was going to be a difficult conversation but they both needed to be there. Peter and Ned sat around the phone holding hands. Ned was shaking his leg due to stress and Peter started to bite his nails. They weren't sure what Child Services would do. They both more than anything wanted to keep her.

"Hello, Child Services." A woman said in dull and unenthusiastic tone. Ned filched at the voice of the woman.

"Yes we are trying to report a case of abandonment, there was a two month old baby girl left on our front porch late last night." Peter said quickly and shakey with his words.

"In these situations we first will DNA test the child and see if any living relatives are left for it's care. We understand you might not have the ability to bring the baby to the hospital to be tested but that's the only lab available." The woman said coldly, her voice lacked any emotion.

"What if there are no living relatives?" Ned said desperately hoping for some sort of way to keep her.

"The baby will be put up for adoption to go to a family." The woman said sighing wishing the questioning would stop.

"Just come down to the hospital and go to the first floor in the nursery wing and we will figure it out." She said holding her fingers over the end button.

"Thank you." Peter just hung up.

"What are we going to do?" Peter asked worried just plain worried. As much as he loved Maya and Ned, he wasn't ready for Ned's suggestion.

"We adopt Maya, it's a no brainer." Ned said bluntly looking at Peter.

"What?! We have no qualifications to be parents. We just got together and we are only 18. We're two college kids with no money and internships. What will people think about us when we suddenly come out and then have some random kid?!" Peter said yelling, his words just cut Ned.

"Why do you care what people think? Every time we have anything remotely good you ruin it! You're so selfish! All you care about is how people view you." Ned joined in on the yelling. Both boys were know standing and hands were flying everywhere as they speaked.

"Wow Ned, you really don't get it do you." Peter said rolling his eyes and giving a angry chuckle.

"Get what Peter!" Ned said sick of this back and forth fighting. They were yelling before but now Peter was screaming in pure anger.

"IT'S BEEN ONE MONTH, ONE MONTH SINCE I LOST AUNT MAY AND I'VE LOST EVERYTHING! MY PARENTS MY AUNT AND UNCLE. MY WHOLE FAMILY IS GONE! YOU KNOW WHY I'M SO WORRIED ABOUT WHAT OTHER'S THINK? IT'S BECAUSE I'M AFRAID, OK!" Peter screamed with tears streaming down his face.

"AFRAID OF WHAT PETER." Ned said coldly with a touch of sadness.

"I CAN'T START A FAMILY. I'M AFRAID YOU'LL REALIZE YOU CAN DO BETTER AND NOT DEAL WITH A SELFISH, EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE, AND CRAZY PERSON LIKE ME. NED I'VE LOVED YOU FOR YEARS AND HAVE KEPT IT SECRET AND I'M AFRAID THAT WE AREN'T GOING TO WORK OUT. THINGS ARE MOVING SO FAST AND I'M WORRIED THAT MY LIFE STYLE CAN'T HANDLE A BABY." Peter words were shaky and full of raw emotion. Everything he's bottled up finally let go. Ned just stood in his place shocked at the confession. The room was full of tears and sadness.

"I'm afraid too. I want to start a family but I'm worried we are moving to quickly. I'm worried that she will go through what I went through. Peter I will never, ever leave you. I love you and I know this is a stressful situation but we can get through it no matter what." Ned's tears poured faster and faster each time he looked at Peter. They were both so broken and hurt. But they were the only ones that saw through each other's masks of happiness.