Interwebs Child Part Two(Angst)

Start from the beginning

Peter parked and quickly made his way inside to get out of the cold. As he walked in the bright artificial light made Peter squint and wince in pain. The little bell on the door rang as Peter intered. He walked slowly into the allie with car oil and baby products. He was bombarded with different sized dippers and brands of formulas. He grabbed a baby bottle and that was only thing he for sure knew was the right size.

Peter had no knowledge whatsoever ever about baby products or what to buy and he didn't want to mess it up.
He reached for his phone and pushed on Ned's contact.

"Please pick up." Peter said tapping his foot on the ground.

"Hey Peter is everything ok?" Ned said with a yawn.

"Yeah, um, no not really. I'm not sure what formula or size of diapers or what brand or-" Peter said frantically into the phone worried that Ned would think he nothing but a ball of stress.

"Peter! Relax it's ok. The baby is 2 months old so look at the label on the diapers and it will say what to get based on the age. Then go ahead and get the Gerber formula. You got this don't worry." Ned said rocking Maya back and forth in his arms.

"Thanks Ned, this is just really stressful for me." Peter said trying to hold all the supplies in his hands.

"Oh get some baby wipes and powder!" Ned said remembering items last minute.

"Got it. How's Maya?" Peter said calming down with Ned's voice.

"She's just sleeping but I know it won't be long before she needs changed." Ned said smiling at the baby.

"Ok that's great, I'll be home in 10. Bye love you." Peter just froze at his words. He did infact love Ned as a freind but he ment this love in a different way.

Ned also froze at the words. Of course Peter has said I love you before and this is what is usually said before hanging up but this felt different. Like it was bottled up for so long it finally let lose. It sounded real and meaningful.

"Ok Bye!" Peter said quickly hanging up. Peter just sighed and made his way to check out. He set all of the stuff on the counter tiredly.

"Rough night." The older man said ringing Peter up. He was short with salt and pepper hair and a round little glasses. His old and callus hands pressing buttons on the register. Peter looked udderly exhausted and stressed.

"That's to say the least." Peter huffed out thinking about the crazy night.

"Having a child is and will always be difficult. It will be a great journey that you and your mate will embark. Just remember to show love no matter what and preserve." The man said wisely. Peter almost wanted to correct the man on why he was getting supplies or that fact that Ned wasn't his mate but the man's words were so kind and thoughtful he decided against it.

"I'm just worried that won't be a good parent. Everything is happening so quickly, I'm not even sure what to do." Peter said venting to compete stranger.

"Like I said love is the answer. Stress and sadness are going to come your way but confine in the love of the people around you. Once you figure out your love for that person the child will use you as an example." The man said quietly handing Peter the bags of the baby suppiles.

Peter was so shocked on how this applied to him. He thought about the people he loves. Peter finally understood what he had to do.

"Thank you, have a nice night." Peter said smiling while walking away. The man just waved and sat down to drink tea. Maybe Maya was a good thing.

________________________________

Peter pulled up to the apartment to hear screams and cries emerging from the door. He swiftly ran inside and tried to locate the epicenter of the noise. He ran down the hall into Ned's room to see Ned trying desperately to stop the crying. He was cradling Maya and saying sweet and soft words but her crys continued. Ned just stood there exhausted, completely done.