Chair of Shame

Cody's POV
Tonight we had a game and I was very excited. My parents were coming out to this game tonight and my brother and sister. Plus I had my very own bobble head. I was pretty much surprised when Dave told me I'd be getting a bobble head of my own and that I'd have my own game seeing as though I had just began to play on the team. Something tells me Vanity has to do something about it. I haven't shown Vanity the bobble head yet I want her to see it when I give her one before the game.
"Cody can you bring me those gloves over there by third base?" I hear Kiké yell
Currently we were practicing before the game as always and Vanity was of course on the field even though I told her to stay home. Yesterday she was feeling nauseous and had back pain. I was so close to taking her to the hospital and canceling tonight's game but she didn't let me like always.
"Hey babe?! Can you stop daydreaming and get your ass to work?!" Vanity yells from her chair.
Yeah she's kept the deal. She can come to work all she wants as long as she doesn't get out of that chair. I know what you're thinking... it's a little extreme. But hey I'm trying to follow doctors orders. She just has to oblige with the deal for 3 more days and she's off bed rest.
"I'm going!" I yell back running over and grabbing the gloves.
"So when are your parents getting here?" Vanity asks
"Uh they should be arriving soon. They'll call me when they get to hotel. Why?"
"What do you mean why?! This is the first time I'm meeting your family Cody! What if they don't like me?!" Vanity yells out
"Shhh. Just calm down baby. They're going to love you. Just be yourself that always grabs everyone's attention." I say placing my hands on her small bump and giving her a kiss on her forehead.
"I love you." She says placing her hand in mine on her bump.
"I love you more"
"Now... get to the field before I make you do 30 burpees." She whispers as I immediately walk away.

Later that Day
Feeling my phone ring I pick it up seeing it was my mother.
"Hey mom! You at the hotel yet?"
"Hi honey! Yes we've arrived here at the hotel. I'm so excited to see you my boy."
"Me too mom. I'll see you in a few hours alright."
"Alright Cody. Bye I'll see you soon." She says hanging up the phone
"Was that your mom?" I hear Vanity ask from beside me
"Yeah they're at the hotel. I scheduled for the driver to bring them here a little before the game so I can show them around and get to see you."
"That's good. I'm actually kinda over this nervousness now. I'm happy to meet them." She says taking my hand and giving it a squeeze.
"I'm happy you're excited. Now I'm gonna have a shower here. Are you going to the house?"
"No I actually brought clothes to change here and I showered this morning so I'm good. I'll wait for you when you're done I'll be setting up some things before the game." She says the last part quickly trying to get away.
"Vanity!" I yell dragging out her name.
"Yes?" She asks before she can get to the door.
"You're still on bed rest. We have a deal"
"Ugh fine. I'll go sit in my chair of shame. I'll just order people to do my work" she says walking out of the room.
I'm gonna marry her, I say to myself while walking to the showers smiling like a big dope.

Vanity's POV
"Okay can you have those chairs on the other teams dugout be like more in the middle?" I ask Daniel as he fixes the chairs.
"Hey they're here." I turn to my side and see Cody with his jersey on and he's nice and showered.
Lucky for me I changed a while ago so I was ready to meet his family.
Getting up from my chair I follow Cody into the clubhouse.
"You look beautiful by the way" I hear Cody say to me while giving me a glance behind him while I continue to follow him.
"Thanks my love. You clean up nicely too" I say
"I'm in my jersey"
"Yea and that's exactly what I like you being in" I say as we arrive to the vip parking area we all use.
"They're over there!" Cody says excitingly walking faster. Oh boy I can't really run right now so I'm just gonna stick to my normal speed.
"Hey guys!" Cody yells embracing his mom first.
"Cody! Oh honey you look so amazing! Look at you with your uniform and all!" His mother says embracing her son.
Once Cody let's go of his mom he hugs the rest of his family.
"So guys this is Vanity. My beautiful girlfriend" Cody says pulling me forward to his family.
"Vanity! It's finally so nice to meet you darling. You're so much more beautiful than Cody has mentioned. Oh my gosh my little grand baby is in there. Im so so excited to me meet the baby." Cody's mom says instantly pulling me for a hug to which I return.
"It's very nice to meet you too Mrs. Bellinger." I say
"Oh darling none of this Mrs stuff. You're family now even though Cody hasn't wifed you up yet though I've told him many times. Call me Jennifer." She replies back
"Honey can you please stop hogging the girl. We'd love to meet her too" Cody's dad says laughing while walking over.
"It's nice to meet you Vanity. It's nice to put a face on the girl Cody can't stop talking to me about." He says laughing
I begin to laugh as well already enjoying the Bellingers. This was going to be a good day. I can feel it.