You Ain't My Boyfriend

Cody's POV
Looking over to our dugout to check how Vanity was doing I see Christian standing in front of her holding his cheek. Did she just? No way! I turn to look at Corey and see that he was looking at Vanity and Christian too. I wanted so badly to go over there and support her but I couldn't just leave the game. I kept looking over to Vanity to see what would happen next. I swear if he lays a hand on her I'll kill him. As I kept looking I saw Christian talking to Vanity and then I see her yelling at him. Dave was there which made me feel at ease cause I knew he'd protect her.

Vanity's POV
"What was that for?!" Christian yells out holding his cheek
"Oh don't act dumb! You know what that was for! You lied to me Christian, I trusted you and you lied!"
"Look Vanity I'm sorry okay I really am. I didn't mean to tell that lie but when we talked about the offer and you said no I panicked and I made up this lie so you'd consider at least taking the offer."
"Why? Why do you want me to be you're assistant manager so badly."
"I can't tell you Vanity. At least not while you're here and working with this team. I was going to tell you all about this when you took the offer."
"So you were just gonna let me go without knowing the truth?! That's sick Christian!"
"I know! And I'm sorry okay! I didn't think this lie would cause all this."
"Well yeah it did Christian. My deals off. I'm not going anywhere I'm staying here with my family."
"Let's talk about this Vanity, please. Give me another chance to convince you. This offer is amazing it's the chance of a life time."
"It was... it was an amazing offer. But you ruined it. I thought you were different Christian."
"I am, this wasn't like me!"
"Can you just go?"
"I'm not giving up on this Vanity."
"Why not? It's not like I'm you're girlfriend and you need me to be with you in Milwaukee! I'd just be you're assistant manager Christian! It's not a big deal!"
"Okay um how about we um take this conversation to my office because you two are getting loud and I don't want our fans to hear this." Dave says
"No, there's nothing else to talk about. I'm done, I'm not taking the job." I say going into the clubhouse.
"Vanity wait!" I hear Christian yell as he follows me
I reach the clubhouse and stop to turn around and see Christian who followed me all the way inside.
"I'm done talking Christian! Leave!"

Christian's POV
Fuck it I thought to myself as I storm in front of Vanity. Without a second thought I pull her by her waist to come in contact with my chest and kiss her. And not to be dramatic or anything but yeah I saw fireworks. Big fireworks. As I held her waist and savored this moment I could feel her hands wrap around my neck and pull me closer. This is heaven.

Vanity's POV
Why was I still kissing him?! Why did this feel right?
As I played with Christian's hair as he started to leave small kisses down my neck and I froze and remember Cody. Oh fuck! Pushing Christian away from me I run to my office and shut the door. What have I done?! I cheated on Cody! I fucking cheated on Cody! I then began to feel my eyes water and my breathing became heavy. With each breath that I took it felt like fire was going down my throat. Grabbing my water I quickly chug it down but I could still feel the burning. What's happening?! Is this a panic attack?! Quickly I began to realize it was a panic attack and I tried to get out of my office as quick as possible that's until I felt the room spinning and then I felt my fall to the ground consumed into total darkness.

Cody's POV
"Hey nice job with the winning home run dude." Chris says patting my back
"Thanks, hey have you seen Vanity?"
"Nah man, last time I saw her she was here in the dugout. Maybe ask Dave"
Walking over to the clubhouse I spot Dave, Corey, Justin, and Christian.
Wait?! Christian?! I run over to where they were all huddled up and see Vanity passed out in Christians arms.
"What the hell happened?!"
"We found her here by herself on the floor unconscious. We need to get to the infirmary and try to wake her up" Dave says directing Christian to the infirmary.
Why is taking her?!
"Woah wait! Why the hell are you here?!" I yell out to Christian stopping him from going a step further.
"I found her dude, I called Dave right away."
"Yeah well considering you're the asshole that tried to trick her into being on you're team I think I can take it from here, besides I'm pretty sure I'm her boyfriend"
"That's enough! Stop acting like children! Corey take Vanity to the infirmary. Cody and Christian I want a talk with both of you in my office in five minutes." Dave says exiting the clubhouse.
I see Christian hand Vanity off to Corey and then he walks into the direction Dave went.
Walking over to Vanity in Corey's arms I give her a kiss on the forehead.
"Please update me on anything." I ask Corey
"Yeah man no worries"
As Corey leaves I begin to walk to Dave's office to have our chat. This is going to be fun.
Entering Dave's office I see Christian was already there and was seated in front of Dave's desk.
"Take a seat Cody"
"Dave can we just talk about this after, Vanity's in the infirmary! I need to be with her"
"I said sit down Cody"
Obeying orders I take a seat next to Christian.
"I called you both in here because I'm worried. I'm worried about you, about you're careers, about my job,... but most importantly about Vanity. She's been too stressed lately, I've noticed it over the past days. And you two fighting with each other doesn't help."
"Dave c'mon he's-"
"Shut up, you will listen and not say anything until I am done"
"You, Mr. Yelich. You did bad. You lied to my daughter. I know you may have you're reasons but that doesn't mean they're the right reasons. There were other ways to convince her other than lying! I'm ashamed truly, and I'm not even you're manger. Whatever you're trying to get to with Vanity you need to stop. She's done. You heard what she said."
"Sir in all fairness-"
"I said quite!"
"Now Cody. How do I put this?
You're suffocating her. I know you want to comfort her but don't be a bug. She'll be okay. She knows what she's doing. Now I'm going to leave. And I'm going to stand right outside this door for 10 minutes. I want you both to become friends for Vanity's sake."
As soon as Dave walks out I go to open the door and see that's it's locked. He locked us in here?!
"Well I guess we better start talking" Christian says