Dibs

Corey's POV
After practice the boys and I decided to hang out here and then grab something to eat before the game. Usually we'd head home for a couple hours and then come back in time for the game. Vanity wasn't here she's taking a break from morning practices which is good I mean she needs a break sometimes. If I'm being honest I'm worried about her, she overworks herself sometimes and she doesn't know when to take a break.
"Hey we're playing Wii sports in the lounge if you wanna join?" Cody says patting my shoulder and running off to the lounge.
He deserves to know, she can't just hide this from him. I don't want to be the one to tell him, I mean I get it she's not telling him about this offer because she's not going to take it but if I was Cody I'd want to know. What if she changes her mind? What if she says yes? I mean I would be upset and a little sad but if it's what she wants then there's nothing I can do.
Heading into the lounge I see the boys setting up the Wii and the controllers.
"So who's captain?" I yell out
"I call Corey being on my team!" I hear Kiké yell and then next thing I know I'm being clinged onto by Kiké.
"Nah nah! He's on my team! I call dibs!"
"You can't call dibs when I said it first!"
"I live with him!"
"I work with him!"
"So do I!"
"Okay okay! How about Rock Paper Scissors? Whoever wins I'll be on their team"
They both look at each other and nod in agreement.
1 minute later we all find ourselves in our teams with me being on Kiké's team much to Cody's dismay.
10 minutes into the game Kike's team is winning by 1 point. We're already into the 2nd inning so we just needed one more since Wii baseball doesn't do the full 9 innings.
"Is anyone here? Boys?! Dave?!" We hear someone yell from the locker room.
Vanity's here!
"Vanity were in the lounge!" I yell hoping she'll hear me. Two seconds later she's inside.
"What the heck are you guys doing?"
"Wii Sports duh" Joc says while slouching on a bean bag with a bag of chips in hand.
"Who are the captains?"
"Kiké and I, I'm losing baby I need a kiss of motivation to help my team win."
"That's cheating!" Kiké says
"It's not cheating!" Cody yells back
"Guys just finish the game will you!" Vanity yells out taking a seat next to Cody.

Vanity's POV
After the boys finally finished their game we headed to eat. We had to go to Applebee's since Cody lost and he decided that the loser gets to chose. I wasn't that hungry to be honest. After that meeting with Craig my stomachs been in knots. I didn't give Craig an answer, I asked if I could see the team play first which was a great idea since they're coming over here in 4 days.
"Hi guys! My names Maggie I'll be your server for today, can I start you guys off with drinks?"
After she took our drink orders she disappeared.
"So who's on the line up today?" I asked
"I thought you make the lineups?"
"I usually do but since I've been taking some breaks Dave's been doing them for me, I'll probably take over soon"
"Oh well I'm going to be in the left outfield" Cody says smiling because that's his favorite position
"I'm doing shortstop with Chris" Corey says
"I'm pitching of course" Kersh says
"I'm third base and Matt's second base" Kiké says
"So I'm guessing Joc's right outfield, Max was first base and Justin was center field"
"Yup! Wow how'd you know?"
"Because that's exactly where I would put you, assistant manager remember?" I say jokingly
"So who's excited for the Brewers game?!" Joc says excited
"Dude it's gonna be intense! They've gotten so good!"
"We got this" I say confidently even though deep down I knew they were getting really good. I was scared of that, scared that they'll be so good that I'll want to be a part of their team.

4 days later
Why did this day have to come so fast?! Today was our first game with the Brewers which meant that I had 3 days to make a final decision. I really hope they suck so the choice won't be so hard.
"Vanity lets go or else your taking your own car!" Corey yells from the living room.
Heading downstairs I grab everything I need for today and go outside.
"Excited?" I ask Corey
"Yeah kinda, you?"
"Umm yeah I guess so"
I ended up telling Corey about my meeting with Craig, he was a bit upset but he understood.
"You know I'll always be there for you no matter what right?"
"Yeah I know, it's just I don't know. What if I make the wrong choice? In my heart I want to stay here, your here and Cody and the boys and Dave. I don't want to leave but my mind says to go, it's saying go because this is probably one of the best career choices I'll ever make."
"It is Vanity, if I'm being honest here I'd say it's an opportunity of a life time."
"Will he be upset?"
"No, he'll get over it, don't let us be the reason you say no Vanity"
"I know I know! I'm trying not to but I can't just not think about how you guys will feel."
Minutes later we arrive at the stadium and go through security.
"I'm gonna be in my office, I'll see you before the game" I say
Corey nods and kisses my head before running in the direction of the locker rooms.
Reaching my office I see someone standing outside of it. The stranger turns around and well if I didn't need anymore stress than I already have.
"Christian Yelich, it's a pleasure to meet you"