Stefan!

Vanity's POV
I feel myself start to get agitated because of Cody's new alarm since I broke his last one. I open one eye and I can feel Cody's arm around my waist and I'm cuddled into his naked chest. We kissed! Omg and he kissed me first! I smile to myself and look up at Cody to see him fast asleep. I feel bad to wake him up but it's morning workouts so here I go. I start to wiggle out of Cody's arms but he just pulls me tighter. I try again but it just gets worse now he has his legs wrapped around me. I begin to poke Cody all over his face until he opens one eye looking at me.
"Good morning sleeping beast" I say smiling up at him
"Good morning beautiful. You know some girlfriends wake up their boyfriends with kisses not annoying pokes" He says getting up from bed.
I lay there in bed and just think of what he said. He called me his girlfriend!
"Arn't you going to get ready coach?" He says walking towards me and stops in front of me.
I look up and I reach up to give him a peck on the lips before getting up swaying my hips a bit and walking to my room, not before I hear Cody yell "tease".
Once in my room I have a quick 10 minute shower and blow dry my hair putting it in a high pony tail. I grab my blue Dodgers leggings and white slip on Vans. I put on my blue shirt and finally Dodgers windbreaker that has my name imprinted on it. I head downstairs and see both of my boys eating eggs and bacon.
"Good morning boys" I say grabbing an apple and taking a bite.
"Morning V. Are you heading out already?" Corey asks putting his plate in the sink.
"Yeah I just need my phone and I'm on my way, I can take you guys if you want?"
"Yes please" They both say at the same time.
Once were all in the car I head on first to Starbucks because without coffee I'll be an even bigger bitch than what I am.
"Ok you guys what do you want?" I ask
"One pumpkin iced latte and I'll take a caramel macchiato" Corey says texting away on his phone. It's funny how they know each other's drink orders, talk about best friend goals. As I order our drinks, I feel like someone is watching me. I quickly turned around and see no one. Once the barista gives me our drinks I hand them over to the boys and drive off to the stadium.
When we got to the stadium I head straight to my office to drop off all my stuff before going to say hello to everyone. I quickly drop off my bags and my coffee and as I'm about to leave I see our game schedule for this week and that's when I begin to feel sick. The Diamondbacks. The Diamondbacks is the team that Stefan used to play for before everything happened with him and the police. I haven't heard from Detective Amara in the last few weeks and I don't know if it's a good sign or bad. As I turn the page to see the line ups for the Dbacks I feel my heart start to race. This can't be happening! He's not supposed to be here he's supposed to be in jail. I grab the paper and quickly run to Dave's office.
"Dave! Did you see the roster?! Oh god he's back he's here he's going to come here! He should be in jail but he's not omg he's going to kill me please Dave!" I say crying in his arms.
"Vanity please calm down honey, you need to calm down before I can talk to you."
I nod and take a seat in front of him trying to calm myself.
"I just got the news this morning, it seems that since it's so close to the World Series Stefan's managers and the Diamondbacks managers agreed on a deal they gave. The deal was that Stefan would play and practice with his team from now until October. Then once their first official game starts for them they play like how they're supposed to and then if they loose and don't continue Stefan is sent to jail. But if they advance and keep advancing onto the final game then he stays until the final game. I'm really sorry Vanity, I called the MLB offices and they said it's nothing they can do, the Diamondbacks made their own deal and they can't get in the way of that. But listen I promise today and any other day that we play against them I will never leave your side I'll be there through the whole thing okay I promise I'll take care of my daughter" he says smiling
I smile back and give him a big hug. I pull away and then get up and walk to the door but not before saying thank you to Dave.
I head out onto the locker rooms and to my surprise no one is there. That's odd.
Knowing that they can't be anywhere else other than the field or the food court I head over to the field and see all my boys doing their training. Wow I didn't see this coming. I smile and head closer to them and take a seat on my special training seat and see what's on our list today.
"Hey coach you a bit late today!"
Kershaw says jokingly while walking backwards
"Doesn't mean I'm not going to train you just as hard though!" I say jokingly
Today wasn't a fitness day but a training day which meant we were using the baseballs and the bats and that good stuff.
"Alright huddle up boys!" I say getting up from my chair and standing in the middle of the field.
All the boys came running into a circle around me.
"Today's not only our first game of the season but it's also our first game against the Diamondbacks and-"
"The Diamondbacks! You've got to be kidding me right?! Vanity please tell me he's not gonna be here tonight!" Corey yells walking up to me and holding onto both of my arms looking at me in eyes with a straight face.
I sigh and give a simple nod.
He lets go of me and grabs the nearest ball throwing it out into the field with all the strength he had.
"How is that possible! He's supposed to be in jail!"
"I know Corey but it's none of our business! The Diamondbacks and Stefan's mangers made a deal! He will play for the whole season until his team loses! I can't do anything about it Corey! I'm pissed to.... but I'm more scared than ever! I haven't seen him since the police report and I feel like he'll try to get his revenge on me for trying to put him in jail Corey! And I don't know what to do!" I yell and crying at the same time.
Corey looks at me and his face softens and goes up to me giving me a bear hug. All the boys join in and hugged us.
When we all pulled apart Corey grabbed me face in his hands.
"Listen to me V, I will never ever let that son of a bitch ever touch you. I'll keep a close eye on you baby sister. None of us here will let him get near you. The boys and I will protect you because your our baby sister V. Tonight we play and we win."
I nod again and hug Corey again.
Now it's game time.