Daddy Cody

Vanity's POV
It was finally the day! Cody and I get to tell our family and friends about the baby. Even though I'm very excited I still feel like shit. I've been having morning sickness for 5 days now and the constant headaches and lets not forget my feet swelling up like balloons. But I'm pushing though because just like what Xiomara said in the Jane the Virgin. Just a few minutes of pain for a life time of happiness. Yeah but for me it's 9 months of pain.
"Babe! Let's go! I have all the things in the car."
Walking down the stairs I see Cody already went into the car so I just had to grab my phone and head to the car. Cody and I decided on a memorable way to tell our family.
Seconds later I hear honking coming from the drive way.
Heading to the front door I see Cody in the car about to honk the car again.
"I get it I get it! I'm going!"
"Does the princess wanna take a few more minutes?" He asks sarcastically
"Oh shut up! I wanted to make sure you got everything"

At the Stadium
"Okay so everyone's on the field already. So let's go. Do you have the bag?"
"Yeah I got it, let's do this"
"Let's do this baby"
Once we had reached the field everyone turned to us.
"So any reason why you guys called us here?"
"We're playing baseball! Now I've got our teams ready. Can everyone look to the big screen" I say
As everyone get their attention to the big screen the lineup that I made and put on the screen showed up."
"Hey I got you Cody! Let's do this!" Kiké says
"Oh so you're not happy you're own girlfriend is on you're team?!" Mariana asks
"Oh mija of course! I just um didn't see you on the screen but now that I know I'm way excited"
"Ok so can we have everyone get their gear and in you're own teams decide you're positions"
As everyone gets their gear Cody comes to me.
"Hey so you got the baseballs right?" He asks
"Yeah I have them in my bag, I'll take them out in the end"
"So we playing the full 9 innings?" Corey's asks while getting his glove.
"Uh no were only doing 5, Vanity and I are planning to have dinner later." Cody answers while getting himself a bat.
"Alright so our team's batting first and Vanity's team will bat after"
As we all got ready I made sure to text the guys up in the speakers room to give the big announcement when I give the signal.
"Let's play ball!" Cody yells

Bottom of the 4th Inning
"Let's go Vanity show us what you got!" Kershaw yells as he's getting ready to throw me the ball.
Cody's team was winning by 2 points so far so my team had to bring their game.
"Let's do this Kersh!" I yell letting him know that I was ready
As he throws the ball he sends it right through the middle trying to get a strike but I swing my bat as the ball comes closer and I feel my bat come in contact with the ball. Corey runs from third base to home as he sees that the ball touches the grass and I run as fast as I can to first.
"Woah! Yes! Let's go!" I hear from my team
I turn to our dugout and send a thumbs up.
"Nice one baby" I turn and see Cody who switched places with Taylor for first base.
"Thank you, I have to be good at baseball it's in my blood and other than the fact that my boyfriend's the mvp of our team"
"So you guys gonna let us win?" I ask
"Nope, not a chance babe. You gotta earn this win"

Bottom of the 5th
It was Corey's turn to bat and we were still down by one.
"Let's go Corey! Take the win!" I yell out
We had 2 outs already and even though this was  just a game between family and friends it's gotten a little intense.
Corey gets ready to hit the ball and and as the ball comes closer he gets a hit and lands on first.
It was time! I turn to Cody to see he's already running over here grabbing the ball and the picture.
I texted Scott to give out the announcement as Cody stepped up to the plate while hugging me from behind. Everyone looked at us with confused faces until we heard the speakers turn on.
It was quite until you could hear what we had planned to say.
"AND ON DECK BATTING APRIL 2020! BABY BELLINGER!" Then on the big screen you can see our baby's ultrasound pictures.
Everyone turns to us with surprised faces.
"You're pregnant!" Corey yells with a big goofy smile
"Yeah" I say back smiling while tears came down my eyes. Damn it I said I wasn't gonna cry
Everyone comes closer and hugs us giving us a congrats.
"I'm gonna be an uncle!!" Corey yells
"Woah woah! We're all gonna be uncles! I'm the better uncle obviously" Kiké says
"Nah nah! I'm gonna be the favorite uncle!" Justin says getting into the conversation pushing Kiké aside
I see all the girls come up to me and hug me congratulating me and crying with me.
Then I hear Cody yell out and turn to see the boys picked him up throwing him in the air yelling
"DADDY CODY! DADDY CODY!"
"Omg put hi down don't drop him I still need him!" I yell out
"Darling! My little girl!"
"Momma!" I run to my mom who has her arms open and hug her.
"My daughters having a baby, oh I'm so happy for you Vanity. This is going to be wonderful honey"
" I know momma, I'm so happy. It was a little surprise but I couldn't have it any other way"
"There's my little girl! You're making me a grandpa again to soon!" My father says hugging me
"Oh dad! Crue is already 3 years old!"
"Fine I'll let you pass, but I want a grand daughter!"
"You're just like Cody, he wants a girl too."
"Mr and Mrs. Seager! It's great to see you guys again" Cody says coming behind me and greeting my parents.
You can tell he's nervous as fuck because he keeps tapping his fingers on my waist.
"Oh Cody congratulations! I'm so glad my daughter has someone like you" my mother says
"I still don't like you... but you're part of the family now son so congratulations. I still have my eye on you" my father says
"I think he likes me!" Cody says as my parents walk away
"I think he does too"
"I'm so excited baby, I'm so grateful to have you in my life. And I'm even more excited for this baby. I promise to love you and our baby forever. You're my everything Vanity. I love you"
"Aww Cody shut up! I'm gonna cry again! But I love you too. I can't wait to start this journey with you" I say pulling him closer and planting a soft kiss to his lips