She's Gonna Be Okay

Cody's POV
It had been 2 hours since we've been looking for Vanity. I took my car and went back to the stadium only to find no sign of her. Where could she have gone? It's not like her to just disappear without letting either Corey or I know. After the stadium I decided to go home and see if she was back and right as I parked my car I see Corey had just parked his too.
"Any luck?" I ask frantically hoping he had news
"Nope I checked every possible Starbucks in the area and she wasn't there."
"She's been gone for hours! Where is she?!"
"Right behind you" I hear
I turn around so fast I'm surprised I didn't get whiplash.

Vanity's POV
Cody turned around and ran to me picking me up and hugging the life out of me. He then set me down and held my face in his arms and looked me in the eyes.
"Where have you been?! I've been worried sick! I came home and you weren't here and you wouldn't answer you're phone heck your damn phone wouldn't even ring Vanity! I was going crazy!"
"He was. He even asked Blue if he knew where you were."
"Look baby I'm sorry I just needed space I needed time to think. I'm scared. I'm scared my career is over and I just went out and had a drink that's all"
"You should have called Vanity! You should have at least let us know where you were!" squeezing my arms while yelling at me
"Cody calm down man she said she's sorry" Corey said trying to calm him down.
Cody then let me go and walked into the house without another word.
"I messed up didn't I?"
"Well you wouldn't have messed up if you called us Van, he was so worried. He was about to call the cops and file a missing persons report because he thought he lost you." Corey then walked inside too leaving me here outside.
Great now my family's mad too. Can this night get any worse?

Boom. Pain. Boom. Pain. Darkness.

Cody's POV
I was lying in bed after yelling at Vanity and thinking of how I almost lost her. She went to a bar. A bar. And I was here going crazy looking for her. I know she's going through a lot but she needs to understand that's she's not gonna go through this alone. As I stand up to go see her I hear a big boom. And then another one seconds later. Who's throwing fireworks this late at night?
"CODY GET DOWN HERE! CODY SHES BEEN SHOT!"
What?
I quickly ran down the stairs and out to the front yard and saw my everything lying on the floor unconscious and blood all over her. Corey held her head in his lap while putting pressure on her wounds.
"What happened?! Who did this?! Is she okay?! Omg Vanity please wake up! Is she dead?!" I yelled out frantically putting pressure on her other gunshot wound.
"Call 911 Corey!"
Corey ran into the house while I stayed and kept applying pressure to both her wounds. Her eyes were closed and she looked pale. I could see she's lost a lot of blood. I checked her pulse and felt it but it was very weak.
"They're on their way! Stay with us Vanity"
Minutes later we heard the ambulance turn the corner into our street and stop right in front of us.
"What happened?" One of the paramedics asks while the other two grab Vanity and put her into a gurney.
"She was shot. She was outside alone and all of a sudden I heard these big booms and I ran outside to see her on the floor.
"Okay were gonna head over to the closest hospital which is Barlow Respiratory Hospital. You can meet us there." He then walked off and into the ambulance.
"I'll go get the keys while you call Dave and everyone else. Tell them to meet us there." Corey says while running inside.
This can't be happening. Not to my Vanity. She has to be okay. Please don't take her from me.
Corey ran back here and ran to the car. I got in and buckled up.
"She's gonna be okay." He says keeping his eyes on the road
"She's gonna be okay" I say back

At the hospital
"Vanity Seager! We're here for Vanity Seager any news?!" Corey says talking to a nurse at the reception desk
"She's in surgery right now. Who are you?"
"I'm her brother. This is her boyfriend"
"Can I have you fill this out and I'll let you know if anything happens but as of right now all I know is she's in surgery with Dr. Grey"
We took a seat in the waiting area and Corey began to fill out the paperwork. Meanwhile I finished calling everyone that I didn't get to in the car ride here.
"Vanity Seager! We're here for Vanity Seager!" We hear come from the entrance. Kiké ran up to the lady along with Clayton, Yasiel, and Joc.
The nurse then pointed to us and they all ran over here.
"What happened?! Is she okay?!"
"She's in surgery, they don't have any new updates." I say while still trying to get on the phone with Dave.
"Have any of you talked to Dave? He's not answering"
"Must be asleep. Have you called everyone else?"
"Yeah they said they're on their way."
"Corey have you called your parents?" Clayton says taking a seat in front of us.
"I haven't had the chance, let me go do that and I'll give the nurse back the paperwork"
Corey stood up and walked to the reception desk and then went outside.
"She's gonna be okay right? She's a fighter she can do it"
"I yelled at her. That was the last thing she heard me say to her. What if she doesn't make it?! That'll be the last thing she heard me say she heard me yell at her about how she should have called me."
"Cody man look it's okay. She's gonna be okay."
"Vanity Seager! We're here for Vanity Seager" we hear Matt yell out to the nurse. She gives Matt a look and it seems she's already tired of having to deal with Vanity's name being called out every 10 minutes. She points to us and they all run over to us. Matt came with Austin, Taylor, Beaty, and Martin.
"What happened?!"
"She's in surgery" Was all I said
"What that's all you know?! That's she in surgery!" Taylor says yelling at me
"SHES IN SURGERY! THATS ALL WE KNOW BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE ARNT TELLING US ANYTHING!" I yell out storming out of the hospital.
As I reach the exit to the hospital I see Dave run to the entrance. His face was droopy and worried.
"Cody" He says stopping in front of me.
I had to. I couldn't hold it in anymore.
I fell into Dave's arms and cried like a little boy. I let everything out because this is the first time I've cried ever since I saw her lying on the floor almost dead in our front yard.
"Shhh it's okay my boy. It's okay"
He held on to me for a couple minutes.
"Is she okay?" He asks
"She's in surgery. They won't tell me anything."
"That's how these things are Cody. They take them and then leave you in the waiting room."
"She's gonna be okay"