Garlic Fries

Vanity's POV
It was currently 6:10 so the boys still had an hour left for their game. I was currently in my office finishing up some last paperwork. I haven't seen Cody or Corey yet. I'm pretty sure they don't know I'm here yet but I'll let them know once the game is about to start. I've been here since 3:00 so I haven't had the time to grab lunch so I decided to pay a visit to Linda at the food stands. Grabbing my phone I open my door but I feel the door hit something on the other side.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry!"
"It's alright, I don't mind getting hit by the girl I'm crushing on. Didn't see you after the game yesterday. Where'd you go?"
"I didn't feel good so I went home early"
"You don't have to lie to me Vanity, I know it had something to do with your boyfriend and you're brother"
"How'd you know?"
"Well I can tell by their faces in the dugout, and then when I saw you walk into the lockers with you're brother and then not come back. They don't like you leaving huh"
"They hate the idea, especially Corey. He just doesn't understand."
"I get it, I would be upset if you'd be leaving us too. But in this case I'm pretty excited to have a chance to work with you."
"Well you're chance is running away cause if my boys beat you today I stay."
"Yeah that's a big if. I plan to win today, I don't give up that easily especially if my prize is you."
"Alright Mr. Flirty, I gotta go but I'll see you later. Good luck"
I walk away from Christian and head onto my journey to buy me some garlic fries. 

Cody's POV
We we're about to start the first inning and I still haven't seen Vanity. I would call her but my phones in the lockers and I don't really have time.
"Alright boys! Huddle up!" Dave yells taking a seat on his chair
Everyone huddled up around him and got quite.
"Now I don't usually do these things anymore cause Vanity says to the speeches so let's welcome her in"
The boys and I look around frantically looking for Vanity and then there she appears taking a seat next to Dave.
She turns to me and smiles happily.
"My boys, you all know about what has been happening lately. I want to start of by saying I'm sorry for not saying anything, I was just so stressed about the offer and then I wasn't even sure I was going to take it. But well I made a deal, this deal with the Brewers is big. I only made it to give them a chance. But I also made the deal because I knew my boys will beat their asses. So let's go do that! I love you all and I believe in you all. Let's play ball!"
Everyone starts to get excited and high five each other getting pumped up.
I walk over to Vanity and stop right in front of her.
"Hey"
"Hi" she says
Before I could say anything else she grabs the back of my neck and connects our lips. Instinctively I grab her waist and pull her closer keeping our chests together. I missed these cherry flavored lips so much. She pulls away first but keeps our foreheads together.
"I love you Cody Bellinger, I know you can do this."
"I love you so much my love, I got you. I won't let them have you"
She laughs a bit and pulls away.
"Go get em"
We all walk onto the field one by one and start the game. 

Vanity's POV
We were in the bottom of the third inning and the score was still 0-0. The Brewers could have had a run but Cody was fast enough to get the ball to home plate before Cain could score.
"You seem nervous. Any raspberry tea?"
"I'm okay, I know they got this."
"Do you want us to win?" Dave asks
"I do, I really do. I don't want to leave. I thought about it all and I realized that I don't care about more money, or being a co owner of a team. I care about my home, my home is here with Cody and Corey and you and the boys. I just feel guilty because if we win the Brewers lose everything. The other person they offered the deal to will destroy their team." 
"I know, maybe you can do something about it."
"What is there to do Dave?"
"What if you don't take the assistant manager job, what if you just take the co owner part. You can be the co owner and the other guy can't take over. That's what the guy really wants right? All they'll give him is assistant manager and he can't really fire all the boys and the coaches if he's assistant manager."
"Dave! That's amazing! You're a genius! I'll talk to Craig." I say hugging Dave and running to the Brewers dugout. I looked up to the TV's seeing that the inning was over. Once I had arrived to their dugout I scanned my key card to get in. Opening the door I'm greeted by the Brewer boys all getting their batting gear ready.
"Vanity?" I turn behind me and see Christian behind me.
"This is Vanity?! The one you won't shut up about Yeli!" Cain yells out smirking at Christian
"What are you doing here Vanity?" Christian asks glaring at Cain and then focusing his attention on me.
"Is Craig here?" I ask
"Yeah he took a break but he'll be back in like 2 minutes. What did you need?"
" I can't really say Christian, I'll just wait for him here"
"So what size are you? You know so we can tell our team tailor to start making your Brewers merchandise once we win" Christian says taking a seat next to me on the bench
"Wow someone's really cocky about winning. How do you know you'll beat my boys?"
"Like I said earlier, my prize is too big to lose. You're my motivation."
"Christian it's not like I said that I'd date you if you guys win. I'll just be you're assistant manager."
"Yeah but there's always a chance for anything to happen."
Looking out onto The Dodgers dugout I see Cody staring at Christian and I.
"Vanity! Hey you wanted to talk?" Craig says emerging from the door
"Yeah we need to talk"