It Felt Great

Vanity's POV
As Craig entered my office I closed it and took a seat in front of him.
"So what did you need to talk about?" Craig asks
"I have an offer Craig. It's not the best offer but it's better than letting that other guy take over you're team."
"What guy? Vanity what's this all about?"
"Christian informed me that the offer I was given was also offered to someone else but I get the first choice and he said that this other guy will kick all you guys out of the team and start fresh. He said that if I didn't take the offer the Milwaukee Brewers will be goners."
"Vanity... there's no other guy. We didn't give the offer to anyone other than you."
"What?!" I say angrily feeling my blood boil. Christian lied to me?!
"Look I'm sure Christian just really wanted you to be on our team. He didn't mean to cause all this drama. I'm sorry Vanity."
"So there's no other guy?! I'm the only one?!"
"You're the only one that got the offer. My managers want you because you're the best of the best."
"Craig, I'm sorry can I have some time alone please? I need time to think."
"Of course, I'll see you out there" He says walking out of my office.
Who the hell lies about being kicked out of their team?! Who makes a lie like that?!
After taking a few minutes to calm myself before I do something I regret I walk out of my office. I checked the TVs to see the game and we were on the 8th inning. Alex was on the plate which meant Cody already batted. Usually I'd be able to hear his walk out song from my office but I guess I was just so mad that I wasn't paying attention. Walking into our dugout I'm greeted by Cody standing in front of me and blocking my way.
"Where have you been? One minute I see you with Yelich over there and then the next you're poof gone. Is everything okay?" He asks taking my hand in his and holding up to his face making me cup his cheek. He always does this to get something out of me.
"He lied"
"What? Who lied?"
"Come take a seat with me, I need to tell everyone this."
I turn to see Alex strike out and that's when I know I need to tell them.
Cody made sure all the boys were huddled up and paying attention as I sat down.
"Yelich lied, there's no other guy that's been offered the position I was in the Brewers. He lied so I could say yes. I went to talk to Craig to let him know about my compromise deal that Dave gave me. Then when I brought up this supposed other guy he didn't know what I was talking about. So that son of a bitch lied to me." I said getting a bit angry
"What a fucking ass!" Kiké yells out
"So Yelich lied so you would yes into being their new assistant manager?" Corey asks bawling his fists indicating he's getting mad too.
"I knew it! That bastards been looking at you since the minute he got here! He's just trying to take you away from here so he'll get his chance!" Cody yells out
"Alright alright everyone calm down, let's let Vanity continue" Dave says shushing them all.
"Craig said he was sorry for the misunderstanding and that Christian didn't mean to cause harm. Afterwards I asked him to leave my office and so he did."
"What are you going to do?" Kersh asks
"Well for starters I definitely don't want to be part of a team with liars."
"So you're staying?!" Everyone asks
"Of course I am."
They all clap and celebrate hugging each other in joy. How could I have ever thought to leave these boys?
" I'll let Craig know by tonight."
"What about Yelich?"
"I don't even wanna look at him, he made me feel guilty about the deal and when he told me about the whole team being fired I just felt so bad if I didn't take the job. Who does that?! Who comes up with a lie this serous just to get you're way?!"
"Uh guys we still have a game to play!" Kiké yells grabbing his glove and running out into the field.
As the guys followed I pulled Cody to the side real quick and gave him a quick kiss.
"What was that for?" He asks
"For being the most amazing boyfriend"
"Can we make a deal?" He asks smirking down at me.
"Depends, what's the deal about?"
"If I make 2 homers in this last inning, will you come back home? I miss you"
"Cody lets go!" Dave yells pointing out to the field.
"I'll do you a better deal, but I'll tell you when you come back"
Pushing off to the field he walks over to his position.
"I'm sorry about the deal Vanity" Dave says as I take a seat next to him.
"I'm not, imagine if I would have taken the deal without knowing about this big lie Christian gave me? I wouldn't have ever forgiven myself for being so naive and trusting him"
"He's a good guy Vanity, I've met him many times and he wouldn't seem like the type of person to make a lie like that"
"Then why did he do it?"
"Well he's walking over here so he can explain it for you" Dave says looking straight towards the Brewers dugout. I turn to see Christian walking over here and I quickly look away.
"I don't want to talk to him Dave" I says panicking a bit
"You're okay Vanity, he probably just wants to apologize"
I turn back around to see Christian enter our dugout and come my way. He then makes his way and there he was standing in front of me. As he was about to talk I let my emotions get in the way and I slapped him. And let me tell you it felt great.