The Bar

Vanity's POV
"Again! Again?! Really?! I've told you all once before and this time I can't believe it was you Vanity! My assistant manager! I don't mean to scream because you all know I'm not a big screamer but when I do it's because something like this happens and it makes me mad not just at the other team but also this team! This is the second fight that we've provoked this year! How am I supposed to take you boys to the championship if I can't keep you under control! This isn't a playground this isn't boxing this is baseball!" Dave yells out in the locker room. He then walks away without another word and slams the door on his way out.
"It's my fault" I whisper out to the boys
"Van no it's not. You were just trying to protect us you did what you thought was right"
"It wasn't right! I acted like a child! I didn't think I just went on my emotions and that's a big no! I messed up and now you guys might even get suspended... the team might get suspended just cause I couldn't control my emotions"
"They were playing dirty Vanity! Cody got knocked in the head" Corey yells out
"I know that! Don't you think I know that?! But instead of acting like an assistant manager like I'm supposed to I acted like the girlfriend! I acted like the girl who would hurt whoever hurt anyone that I love!"
"All of us would have done the same V. You don't think I would have went and attacked Lester myself if he hit you like that?! It was a simple mistake and Dave will get over it don't worry" Cody says trying to calm me down.
"I'm gonna head home. I'll see you all tomorrow"

Cody's POV
I was worried for her. She's putting all the blame on herself and I'm worried she'll give up.
"She'll get over it" Corey says while picking up his bag and fishing out his keys.
"No she won't. She stubborn she's the most stubborn person I know. She'll overthink this and then she'll go crazy. We need to talk to Dave"
"What are we going to tell him?"
"We need to find out how critical this is and then tell Vanity. What if it's not that bad?" I say
After everyone agreed we headed to Dave's office.
"Who's gonna knock?" Kiké asks
"I'm not! I've never knocked on his door." Kershaw says
"I don't think any of us have ever knocked on his door before" Manny says
"What's so bad about knocking on his door?" I ask
"I don't know it's just I mean he's like our boss it's just a bit you know scary"
"Chickens" I mutter under my breath
I knock on Dave's door and we're welcomed with a "come in"
We all try to squeeze into his office and once we're all kinda in I begin to talk.
"Is she gonna get suspended?"
"No... no one is getting suspended. I just got off the phone with my boss and he said that there will be no charges and no suspensions or probations. Everyone clearly saw that it was Lester's fault and they saw that as if he provoked it. You're all lucky and Vanity is too."
"So everything's okay?!"
"Yes but it doesn't mean I'm still not upset. I gave you all a warning last time and for the ones that didn't do anything and tried to keep the brawl controlled I thank you. This doesn't go away. You're all on my probation, you may have not gotten probation from Guggenheim Management. So starting tomorrow you're all on probation."
"Okay sir thank you"
We all headed out of his office and back into the locker room to go home.

Seager/Bellinger Residence
Once Corey and I arrived home I saw that Vanity's car wasn't in the drive way. She always parks her car in the drive way.
"She's not home"
"Maybe she parked somewhere else?" Corey says
"No she always parks in the driveway. She never lets anyone else park in the driveway." I say getting a little panicked
I quickly dial her number only for it to go to voicemail
"Her phones dead or either off"
"Let's check inside" Corey suggests
We both speed walk in and we check all around the house
"VANITY!"
"VANITY ARE YOU HOME?!"
"OH SISSY WHERE ARE YOU?"
"She's not here Corey she's not fucking here! Where is she?! She said she was coming home and she's not here and she's not answering her phone!"
"Cody man look at me just calm down we'll find her"

Vanity's POV
"Can I get a sex on the beach" I tell the bartender
"Yeah sure"
My career is over. I just know it. Dave's gonna have to fire me and then I'm gonna end up career less.
"Here you go miss"
"Thank you"
"You seem troubled. Mind if I ask why?"
"I may have done the stupidest thing in the world and now I'm gonna be fired from my job"
"Oooh did you sleep with your boss?!"
"Oh god no! I punched someone"
"You're a feisty one then"
"You can say that, it wasn't my fault though the guy I punched hit my boy in the head with a baseball"
"No way! Wait you look familiar, aren't you Vanity Seager?! You work for the Dodgers!"
"Would you keep it down!"
"Oh shit sorry, I'm a big fan! No way Vanity Seager is here sitting in my bar"
"Yeah well it was nice to see a fan before my career ends"
"They're gonna fire you cause of that? But you were defending your players"
"Yeah but according to my boss there's better ways of handling it then with violence."
"Well I think you did right by your team"
"Thanks, so how long have you been running this bar? I've lived here all my life and I've never been or heard of this place until today"
"Well it was my fathers place he ran it by himself for 17 years but then he retired, well my mom made him retire. My brothers and I felt bad cause he was going to have to shut this place down and he really loved it. So we all decided to keep it in business so here it is."
"That's amazing. You know I always wished for a place of my own too. But it was dumb of me to think that I could ever own a place like the one I've dreamt of"
"What kind of place?"
"My own baseball field. Yeah yeah I know it sounds dumb but baseball has always been my passion it's what I've been taught and it's what I've loved ever since I could walk. Now I'm gonna get fired and I'll have to work at Starbucks all my life"
"You won't get fired. You need to be positive. Want another drink?"
"Uh no I'm okay, I need to head home my boyfriend and brother are probably worried. It was nice meeting you.."
"Oh uh Mark my names Mark."
"Well Mark I hope to one day come back you know but maybe on difficult circumstances."
"Yeah me too it was nice meeting you and uh good luck"
"Thanks"
Exiting the bar I headed to my car and started my journey home.