The Blue Carpet (2)

Vanity's POV
After finally getting my dress and teaching Cody what rose gold is we were home and getting ready for the Blue Carpet. The look that I'm hoping for is natural but not too natural that it looks like I have no makeup on. With my makeup skills that I obtained with taking 2 years of makeup classes in high school I was able to come up with something that was really amazing. I was very proud of myself.
Now I can finish with my hair and bam I'm done.
"VAN HAVE YOU SEEN MY TIE!"
"BABE WHERE'S MY DRESS SHIRT?!"
And they wonder why I'm the last one to finish getting ready. Heading into the washing room I quickly find Cody's shirt and Corey's tie. Looks like they don't know how to look for things.
"Here you baboon. Can you give this to Cody I think he's in the bathroom I need to finish my hair"
Getting back into my room I plug in my curler and get to work.

2 hours later
"VAN LETS GO YOU'RE LAGGING IT!"
That's my cue. Picking up my phone from my bed I carefully speed walk down the stairs. Upon arriving I see Cody look up and well...

Cody's POV
She looked gorgeous. She looked like a goddess. She looked just wow.
"Vanity my love you look absolutely gorgeous I'm just wow I'm speechless." I say taking her hand and pulling her into me. She smiles up at me with her eyes sparkling.
"Thanks baby" she then pulls me down connecting our lips together.
"Okay love birds lets get going before it gets late."

At the Blue Carpet
Once we arrived we gave the valet worker our keys to park the car and immediately upon entering the blue carpet there was flashes going off everywhere.
"Cody over here!"
"Hey Bellinger!"
"Cody who's the girl?!"
"Is that Vanity Seager?! Look over here!"
This was my first Blue Carpet and it was very overwhelming.
"Are you okay?" I hear Vanity ask me as she takes a hold of my hand giving it a squeeze.
"Yeah I'm okay. Just it's uh kinda nerve racking and there's a lot of light."
"You'll be okay I'm right here and so are the boys. I know how you feel the first time I came to one of these things I nearly fainted."
"Thanks babe I'm really glad you're here. Now shall we head inside to get some good seats?"
"Lead the way"
Heading to the arena we decide to sit three rows away from the stage. Vanity says it's the best view. A few minutes later Corey comes in and takes a seat next to us along with Joc and Kikè.
"So who do you think is getting an award today?" Kike asks
"Well I'm very sure that Kershaw is getting pitcher of the year. That's a very known fact."
"I don't know Van I mean Kenta has been doing really good this year his numbers have gone up." Corey says
"True true. Well it's fair game to anyone."
After another five minutes of just talking the lights go down and that's the cue that the show was about to start.
"Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the 51st annual Dodger Blue Award Ceremony! I'm very glad to be here as you're host tonight. Now let's get to the fun shall we! We have Dave Roberts up here on stage to announce our first award of the night."
Dave then comes up to the stage smiling and waving to the fans then to his players.
"Good evening everyone! I'm excited man this is the first time I get to present an award. So our first award is Pitcher of the Year. Now this award is going out to someone that always puts their best in the game. I see them play and it excites me on what they can do. I'm so glad to have him as my player and to be able to train him. So without further or do the award for Pitcher of the Year is...Clayton Kershaw!!!"
The crowd screams out and we all clap out to our buddy. Damn Vanity got it right.
"Told ya!"
"Oh shut up"

Around 2 hours later the awards were finally done.
"Thank you everyone for coming out! Hope everyone has a wonderful night!"
I got up from my seat looking down at Vanity as she picked up her clutch and stood up as well.
"Let's get going."
"Corey we'll be heading to the car. Do you want to go with us or you'll take another ride?"
"Nah you guys go I'll get a ride with Justin."
Nodding to him I grab Vanity's hand and start to walk to the exit.
"That was amazing. I didn't think it would be that fun."
"Aww just wait till next year when you have the chance to win awards yourself. I'm sure you'll get one."
"I don't need one when I have my most prized possession right here"
"Omg Cody you cheesy butt!"
Pulling her in by her waist I bring her closer and connect our lips. Man I love this feeling.
"I love you"
"I love you more"