Rasberry Tea

Cody's POV
"ARE YOU INSANE?!"
"I didn't know what to do okay! Everyone was telling me that this was the opportunity of a life time Cody!"
"What's with all the yelling?!" Dave yells walking into the lockers.
"She's leaving! She gonna leave us for them! Did you know that?! That she's a traitor and is choosing another team over us! Her family!"
"I'm not choosing another team Cody!"
"Oh really then what do you call this?!"
"Cody son please just listen to her, she knows what she's doing" Dave says coming closer and giving my shoulder a squeeze in reassurance.
"Let me explain all this to you, please"
"What's there to explain Vanity, tell me why on Earth you're leaving"
"Because I have to-"
"Oh please! Cause you have to! That's real original Vanity!"
"You didn't let me finish!"
"Cody just shut up and listen!" Dave says sternly
I take a seat on the bench and look up to Vanity letting her know she can continue. She took a seat in front of me and began.
"I said no, I told them no at first. They offered me the deal about 2 weeks ago. I right away said no but then Craig Counsell came to the city to personally talk to me. We set up a meeting and we talked. That was about a week ago. In that meeting he said that if I took the position then they'd name me not only assistant manager but I'd get to be the co-owner of the Brewers and I'll own half of Miller Park. I thought he was crazy and that he was kidding. I told him I'd think about it and let him know in 4 days. Sure enough the 4 days is today, but I won't let him know until these three games with the Brewers are done. In those 4 days that I had I was so sure my answer was no, until I met Christian. I walked into my office and saw him waiting for me so we talked in my office. Cody this offer is so much more than you think, if I don't take this offer then they'll give it to someone else and this someone wants to fire everyone and make the team brand new. New players, new manager, new everything! So I made a deal with Christian, I will take the deal, only if the Brewers win 2 out of the 3 games."
"So you leaving depends on us"
"Yeah kind of"
Without another word I walk away into the dugout.
"Cody where are you going?!"
"To win this game because I'm not losing my girl!" I yell out and run to left field.

Vanity's POV
"Do you think he'll be okay?"
"Yeah I'm sure I mean it was a minor injury" Dave says
"No, I mean will he be okay if I leave? If they don't win the two games first and I leave. Will he be okay?"
"I'm not gonna lie Vanity, it'll kill him. He'll probably be out for some games and he'll probably have some bad days. But he'll get over it."
"Will I be okay?" I ask turning around to face Dave with tears in my eyes.
He gives me a sympathetic look and pulls me into a bear hug.
"You'll be more than okay Vanity, you'll be sensational"

1 hour into the game
We were now on the 5th inning and this game just got way more intense. Right now we are tied with the Brewers thanks to Cody's home run in the 2nd inning, so we were 1-1. Whenever it was our turn to bat and the boys were here in the dugout Cody would just sit next to me, hold my hand and say nothing. That was until it was his turn to bat and he'd kiss my forehead mumbling a quick "I got this" into my ear.
Corey's been staring all night and probably wondering what the hell was going on. I should be mad at him but I'm not. He had the courage to do something I was to scared to do. That's why he's my big brother, well that and because my parents decided to have another child after him which was me.
The Brewers were batting right now and Cain was up to bat. I've noticed Cain get better at his swings throughout the game, he does this thing where he studies Kershaw and his throws. It's kinda weird but it's actually really smart. I've tried to teach the boys to do the same thing but then they complain and always tell me the same thing "I just don't get it! It all looks the same!"
So I gave up on that.
"You alright?" Dave asks from beside me.
"Well before the game started I was fine, now I'm on my 5th bottle of raspberry tea."
"Yeah I've noticed, that's why I'm asking if you're okay. What Cody said in there, he didn't mean it. You're not a traitor Vanity, and you're not leaving you're family. You'll be here with us even if you're not physically here we all know you'll be here. So whatever happens just know that I'll support you on everything you do."
"Thank you, you're like my second father Dave. I don't know what I'd do without you."
He smiles at me and turns back to the game.
Cain was till on the plate and he was on a 2-2 count. C'mon Kersh, you got this. Seconds later Kershaw throws the ball and Cain strikes out. The boys then come back to the dugout to get ready for their turn to bat.
"Damn they're good! I mean Kersh is doing a great job at keeping them from scoring but Yelich is next so watch out Kersh." Kiké says taking a drink of this gatorade cup.
"He's not that great" Cody mutters under his breath while walking over to his helmet.
"Vanity can I talk to you inside please?" Corey says standing in front of me. I nod and get up from my chair and walk inside following Corey. He walks into the locker room and stops by his locker.
"Look Van I'm sorry okay, I didn't mean to tell Cody but it just slipped. I was scared and upset because I over heard you're talk with Yelich in you're office. I was worried and then Cody came to talk to me before the game and then I just spit it out. I'm really sorry."
"It's okay, I forgive you. I know I had to tell him after making the deal with Christian. I was just to scared to."
"Are you going to take it? Is it real?" He asks
"I made a deal Corey"
"Yeah but deals can be broken! You didn't sign a contract! There's no legal bind to you and that deal! You can back out!"
"What the hell is with all the yelling again?!" Dave comes in again yelling at us.
"Do you know about the deal?!" Corey yells out to Dave.
"Yeah I know, and I support her no matter what she chooses. You should be doing the exact same thing Corey!" Dave yells back
"No! I can't support this! I don't want to!"
"It's not your choice Corey!" I yell out
"You know what fine! You what my support?! Ill give it to you! Go ahead leave! Go to their team! I don't want you here, I don't want you as my manger! I want you gone! After today I want you out of my house and out of my life!" He yells back and storms off to the field.