Luca snuggled right in, babbling continuously.

"Ba dya na na!"

"I don't know what that means but I'm just gonna take that as excitement."

Pierre carried Luca down the stairs and into the living room where Luca squealed excitedly at the decorations around the room.

"Piyah!" She squealed, pointing at the atrocious decorations. She clapped her hands happily.

Pierre's heart melted when she called his name. He smiled into Luca's hair, looking at the stylized bunnies on the banner that Luca was pointing.

Somehow, Pierre hates bunnies. One time, Harley brought a live one and it actually tried to bite him. It tried to freaking bite him! It follows him around with those demonic eyes that just stares into his soul that makes him shiver in fear.

At least, Luca loves them.

"That's right, shorty. It's a bunny. You picked that out yourself, remember?"

Pierre sincerely doubt that Luca have any memories on having that picked out, especially since she seemed so excited by everything, like she didn't remember choosing all of it.

Luca babbled and waved her hands around,  squealing at every decoration that she sees.

Pierre took a red balloon from the ground and gave it to Luca.

The little girl's eyes widened comically as she seemed to study the balloon with interest. She squeezed it and shaked it around like a rattle. When she tried to munch it, the balloon popped, making Luca jump in his arms.

Pierre tried not to laugh at her expression. It was so cute. She doesn't know whether she wanted to cry or laugh.

She picked the latter.

Luca screamed in laughter and clapped her hands together in amusement. Pierre could only smile at the little girl, watching his precious kid getting so excited about something so simple was a blessing.

It honestly makes him appreciate the little things.

"Is that Luca I hear?"

They both look at Harley. His curly brown hair bounced as he moved towards them.

Luca's eyes beamed and she made grabby hands towards Harley.

The boy giggled adorably and securely took her away from Pierre's hold. The guard wasn't mad or anything. If anything, he was glad to bask in the cuteness that those two unconsciously emit.

Luca gave him a kiss. Well, she lurched forward and presses her slobbery open mouth to Harley's cheek.

Harley actually beamed at her and hugged her tightly. "Aww, thank you! I love you too, honeybee."

"You two are seriously adorable." Pierre remarked with a grin.

Harley glared at him but there was no heat in it and the smile on his face was something as well.

"Jealous?"

Pierre snorted and shake his head. "Nah, man."

Harley chuckled and looked back at Luca, who was patting his face while babbling nonsensically.

"Yes, bambina, it's me. It's your cousin, Harley." He cooed, kissing her nose.

"Hawls!" Luca said lovingly, earning another chuckle from both boys.

"Yes!" Harley cheered happily. "Yes, It's Harls! I'm Harls, darling. Your cousin, Harls. Good job!"

While Pierre was looking at the two with fondness, he remembered something that made his smile turn into a frown.