39: Move

""The awakening of Father!" Jimmy exclaimed loudly to himself. "The one that made the Sins himself!"

"Since the incident I saw this event coming..." He smiles widely. "It's finally going to happen."

''Hero.... brine....' The voice spoke.

"Once the realms merge, the world will be completed!" Jimmy continued, rambling on. "There must be my own mirror somewhere in the human ream..."

He pauses, his smile slowly fading away. "If the realms are merging... will the Sins and Virtues.... would we all merge?"

'No.' The voice responded.

"I can see my other half... I can't wait... I have so many things I have to try!" His hands shook with excitement as he imagined himself standing before his half.

"Would he look the same as me...?" He wondered. "Perhaps the same look before that incident?"

A face slowly formed on his other half. It was what he looked like before. Jimmy imagined himself embracing his other half.

His corners curled into a malicious smile.

"I can't wait... Hah... ahah..."

~

Ian started looking for ripples, straining his eyes to focus on his surroundings. Sloth's words repeated in his head.

"You—you don't understand! You will die!"

"Why was he worried about me...? Isn't he a Sin...? Then again... he hasn't harmed me."

Ian felt that Sloth's actions were bizarre. The Sin talks as if someone asked him the same questions hundreds of times. He frowns. Sloth also talked about the past as if he was in it.

How weird... He thought.

Ian shut his eyes in an attempt to take a break. He was getting tired.

No...

His eyes flew open.

I have to go back...

He pauses, an idea coming to mind. He can search for Jason and the others while he's in here.

"Not that I know where to start though..." Ian looks at his surroundings.

"What are you trying to do now?"

Ian jumped, whipping his head around to see Sloth there, sitting on top of his blue gas.

"Wh-what are you doing here?!"

"I followed you." Sloth answered nonchalantly. "I have to at least make sure you don't get attacked on your way back."

"Why... why are you trying to protect me?" Ian asked. "Are you hiding something?"

"Hiding something?" Sloth scratches his head. "If anything, I would like to be in my terrority."

"Then why are you—"

"I owe you." Sloth cut him off. "That's why I'm here."

"What?!" Ian scowls. "You... owe me?"

Sloth nodded slowly. "It's a long story," He said. "you should hurry back to your own world."

"About that, I'm going to stay."

Sloth scowls. "Stay...?"

Ian nodded. "My friends... They're missing. I'm going to go find them and bring us home."

It was silent for a few seconds before Sloth burst out laughing. It was unexpected and it caught Ian completely off guard.

Ian stands there, stunned.

"Of course... of course this is something you would do!"

What's going on with him?!

"As expected of Diligence. I should have known" Sloth grinned at Ian. "Alright, Virtue. Let's go find your friends."

~

"It's time to make my move then."

A large dark portal appeared before him. He knew that if he goes through, he can never come back to the End.

He turned back to look at what he called his home. He wasn't upset. He could not feel upset.

"Emotions are a sign of weakness." He muttered.

The Sin went through the portal, his vision turning black. He took a couple steps, the darkness slowly faded into a dull world.

"Hmm... The realm seems unstable." His eyes dilated as he scans the area, searching for a ripple. He needs to find a way for his little Virtue to come into this world.

The Sin smirks. If the Virtue can get rid of that person, it'll be perfect. And then...

His dragon tail thrashed to the left, excitedly. "I'll devour them both."

After a little while, he couldn't find any ripples with his eyes. "Tch... Did he close them off?"

He spread out his wings and took off into the sky. There has to be a ripple somewhere...

A few minutes later, he found one. It was a far from where the Virtue is in the human realm but it will have to do.

"I'll bring the Virtue through here."