95: Reunited

Quentin threw up. He supported himself against part of a building that fell down, heaving. Body parts are laid out on the table... The process of stitching on multiple body parts... Repairing the very body... He couldn't take it. "What even is this...?!" He cried out.

"Memories but they're not yours." Sloth explained. He let out a sigh, scratching his head. "I hope Diligence is doing alright with all mine..."

"M-memories...?" Jerome looked at his hands which were trembling. "That... felt more than just memories..." Greed and Lust... they were close just like him and Mitch. And he and Mitch had... killed him.

"Anyways we have to move." Sloth's smoke gathered up Mitch's body. "We have to meet up with the others quickly."

Jerome nodded slowly. Lust isn't the problem right now. Both he and Mitch needs medical attention. He had tied a piece of cloth around his wound, stopping the blood. With Mitch... he encased most of his body in a thin layer of ice. It was all he could do at that moment. He isn't sure how long Mitch's body could hold out.

He could only hope that Mitch was still alive.

Quentin swallowed hard, trying to not think of the new memories. "Let's hurry..."

The two followed Sloth's lead with Mitch on the smoke behind him.

"How are we going to meet with everyone else?" Jerome asked.

"Diligence. I can sense where he is, kind of." Sloth explained. "Think of it like a gut feeling."

"Is that how you found us at Gluttony's place?!" Quentin looks alarmed. "Wouldn't that mean all the Sins could find us like that?"

"Before, I didn't think so." Sloth answered. "But since the realms merged and our memories are connected, I can't be so sure."

Jerome's face paled. The last thing he wants is Lust tracking him down and then finding him and Mitch.

"But that's the least of our worries right now." Sloth stated.

The two Virtues nodded in agreement.

~

Ian was suffocating. He struggled to breathe as memories flashed one by one. It couldn't be possible. No one could have this many memories. Yet he was remembering it all, distorted bits and pieces of it. Unfamiliar faces and voices... yet he was meeting them.

He felt so many emotions all at once as he relived the horrible moments that were clear in his head.

In the midst of it all, he heard a voice calling him.

"Ian..."

Ian shut his eyes, trying his best to focus on that one single voice. He shoved aside everything else.

"Ian... wake up..."

"Ian!"

His eyes flew open, sitting upright abruptly. He was drenched in a cold sweat as he look around in a panic. Worried faces look back at him. Ian can feel the relief crushing all other emotions as he realized he was surrounded by people he knows.

Sky. Jason. Envy. Ty. And of course, Ant and Brice. He paused.

"Ant and Brice...?!" Ian exclaimed, pointing at them. His voice came out hoarse and dry. He glanced over to Ty. "And Ty... you found him?"

"We'll explain everything later," Jason answered. "Are you alright, Ian?"

Ian noticed that Jason had his Artifact out, the silver bracelet's jewels glowed as water hovered above his body. His back ached so he reached behind him, jolting when he felt something running across his back. "Wh-what is that?!"

"I think Quentin must have done that... we found you with him and Sloth," Jason said. Ian then realized that it was a line of stitches on his back.

Quentin...? And Sloth was there? Ian had a hard time recalling what happened. He remembers Quentin and Gluttony... and then after that, he draws a blank. "Was I unconscious the whole time...?"

Jason nodded. "Did you remember anything...?"

Ian felt the headache coming back. He grimaced, grabbing the side of his head.

"They must be Acedia's memories..." Envy stated. "It's everything that they experienced."

Sloth's memories...? Ian couldn't believe it. There's no way someone could die that many times... Speaking of Sloth, he noticed that not everyone was there. "Where's everyone else?"

"Seto was with us when everything was falling apart..." Brice told him. "But... I'm not sure where he went..."

"And Acedia went with Temperance before the realm merged..." Envy looked over to Ian, expectantly. "Where is he at?"

"How would I know where he is?" Ian exclaimed before he began coughing. "Ugh..."

"Ian, hold out your hand, I'll get you some water from my Artifact!"

Ian gladly drank the water and the group started conversing, filling each other in as to what happened. Jason begins healing Sky's injuries as well as everybody else's. It took a couple of minutes for everyone to catch up.

"Then... both Seto and Jimmy are missing from here!" Ant exclaimed. "Is... is he going to be alright...?"

"I don't think Seto would be in any danger..." Sky replied. "Jimmy... he's not a threat anymore..."

Jimmy... Ty remembers that he was tasked to kill him. "He's... gone?"

Sky nodded slowly. "Like I said... He and Pride were fighting... that's where you got your wounds too."

Envy looks suspiciously over to Ty, narrowing his eyes. He couldn't sense Pride at all... Was the Sin really in there? And for Greed... he doesn't know what he'd get out of the two Virtues, Charity and Chastity but he must have a plan. "And those two Virtues that disappeared... do you think–"

"Look!" Jason jumped up with a wide smile. "I see them!"

The group turned to see Sloth who tiredly trudges forward. Quentin's face brightened as he waved at them.

"Look... behind them!" Ian pointed at the other two.

Mitch was laying on a large blue smoke cushion with Jerome beside him.

Sky let out a relieved sigh. "So they're alright..."

"It looks like all the Virtues are reunited..." Sloth grumbled as soon as they met up with the other group.

Jason's face paled when he saw Mitch's condition up close. The body was cold. Freezing. He look up to Jerome for an explanation and then paused when he sees the desperate look in his eyes.

"Jason... please..." Jerome started.

Jason didn't waste any more second work on healing Mitch. The small layer of ice melted away and Jerome collapses to the ground, exhausted from his own injuries. He finally got Mitch to Jason.

"Ty... Sky...!" Quentin exclaimed. "You guys are alright!" The Virtues celebrated their reunion with wide smiles and hugs.

Sloth glances at Ian and their eyes met. Ian opened his mouth to ask about the memories but the Sin already turned away. Ian scowled but he didn't push any further.

The two Sins in the group look at each other. Envy shook his head, indicating that he hadn't told them.

Smoke quickly gathered behind Sloth as he falls onto it, letting out a long sigh. "Sorry to be a mood-killer but... since the realms merged... He is here as well."