75: Shift

"Kill.... Going... to kill...." Gluttony dragged his body across the ground. His body was barely intact. He couldn't put himself back together fully, leaving him with only his right arm and left leg. The hole that Shooting Star shot through his chest was still there. His jaw is also missing, his words coming out as gurgles. "Two.... Virtues..."

"Kill... Virtues..." Gluttony needs to find body parts before he can face them again.

"Need.... new bod...y...."

He spotted someone from afar. He froze. It was more like he was the one spotted. "Another.... Sin..." Gluttony gurgled. His eyes grew wide with excitement at the thought of having another Sin's body parts.

The two Sins slowly approach one another with Gluttony crawling and the other striding

"You... Lux... uria..."

"I thought it'll take a while to find you in your territory but you gave away your own location with that intense aura." Lust stared down at Gluttony's body and frowned. What happened for him to lose his body parts?

"I.. want... arms.. legs..."

"I'm only here to see if you're active or not, not to collect body parts." Lust stated. Gluttony's aura intensified in an instant and Lust jumped backwards. He slowly got up, despite his injuries. His limbs dangled freely as he glanced at Lust, eyeing him intently.

Lust narrowed his eyes. He could barely make out the faint outline of the threads or strings attached to Gluttony's body to an unseen force that's keeping his body up.

So this is Gula's ability...

"No.. your... arms... legs..." Gluttony gurgled. "I want..."

Lust's eyes glowed blue as he made direct eye contact with the other but there was no aftereffect. He scowled. He would understand his control releasing after a moment or having it nullified. But having no effect at all would only mean one thing...

He's not a living being... Lust watches as Gluttony's body changes to an offensive stance.

"Unfortunately, I don't have time to stay and play." Lust said. "Whose side are you on?"

Gluttony crook his head in response. "Side...?"

"We can't have any more traitors running around." An aura wrapped around Lust's arm, emitting a blue glow as he stepped forward. "Are you going to side with the Virtues?"

"... Vir... tues...." Gluttony's body shook as he remembered what he was doing before. "Want... kill... Virtues..."

"You want to kill Virtues?" Lust repeated. He lowered his arm and the glow faded away.

"One.. looks like me..... another... brown hair... beard..."

Gula must be talking about Temperance and Diligence. Lust smirked. This makes things a lot easier.

~

"..."

Greed sighed as he stopped walking. He turns around, watching Mitch catch up to him.

"Why did you stop?" Mitch asked, frowning.

"You seem tired, Charity." Greed answered, flatly.

"You don't seem like the type to care." Mitch said. "I still don't understand why you're helping me."

"It doesn't matter if you understand or not." Greed walks to a nearby tree, turning his back towards Mitch. Suddenly there was a loud crackling noise. Mitch watches as the tree starts to lean one way before it crashes to the ground, kicking up the dirt with a loud thud.

Greed plops down on the fallen tree, sitting on it.

Wh... what just happened? Mitch looked at where the tree used to stand. It's been cut clean, leaving the stump there. Greed didn't even move a muscle.

"What are you doing? Hurry up and rest." Greed called out.

Mitch reluctantly walked over, sitting down on the stump. Now, he can confirm that Greed doesn't want to kill him. At least not yet.

Awkward silence came between the two. Mitch shifted uncomfortably on the stump. I should at least get some information...

"How do you know where my friends are?" Mitch asked.

Greed hesitated before answering. "...I don't actually know where they are."

The answer surprised Mitch. He stood up immediately. "I'm leaving."

The Sin didn't act to stop him. Instead, he had a smug smile on his face. "Go ahead and walk aimlessly." Greed said. "I will be heading back to the ruined kingdom of yours that's in this realm."

"Ruined... kingdom?" Mitch scowled. 

"That's our version of your place." Greed explained. "Don't you think going there is the best bet?"

"Just tell me which direction it is." Mitch said. "I don't want to follow you around."

"I don't want to do this either." Greed sounded a bit annoyed. "I'm only here in case a certain trouble maker appears."

"Who...?"

"Luxuria," Greed said. "I'm sure you don't want to meet up with him."

"Lust..? Aren't you two working together...?" Mitch asked, confused.

"That doesn't stop him from taking you." Greed's golden eyes flared. "And we're not working together."

"Huh...? You're not?" Mitch recalls the tense atmosphere between the two. It didn't seem like they were on good terms so it would make sense.

I guess not all Sins get along with each other...

"He's annoying to deal with.. If he was anyone else, I would have killed him a long time ago."

"Why would Lust appear here?" Mitch asked him.

Greed closes his eyes, sighing. "It's because you're similar to me."

Before Mitch could say anything, Greed stood up abruptly. "Let's keep moving." He quickly said, hurrying off.

Following the Sin again, Mitch stared at Greed's back. It was obvious that Greed had an ulterior motive. His fingers wrapped around the dagger handle tightly.

I should get rid of him and run.. He watches Greed carefully. He was about ten feet away with his back turned. He could catch up to him and then stab him in the back, that is if Greed isn't on guard.

Mitch swallowed hard. Should I?

A few seconds passed before Mitch loosen his grip on the dagger. No... It's too risky.. He remembers how Greed was able to cut down the tree. He might be able to heal just like Lust too...

His hand reaches down in his pocket, feeling orb in his fingers. It has to be something with this orb...

He shook his head. No.. I have to get back to everyone first. Mitch clenches his fists. As soon as I see them, we'll have to get away from Greed.

At the front, Greed is seen frowning deeply. "Using Chastity is a good idea.. But we might not be able to find him." He muttered quietly to himself. His scarf extended as the claw-like end grew longer. His eyes glowed brighter, turning sharper. He grabs his own face, attempting to contain his intent. "No... I can't speed it up... I have to wait... it's too soon..."

"I can't wait for you to get rid of my limiters.." Greed smirked widely. "I'll enjoy killing you when you can use that Artifact... Charity..."