58: Mitch's Whereabouts

Mitch's eyes slowly opened and he found himself in an unfamiliar area. He examined his area hazily.

Where.. where am I..?

The entire place was lit up by torches where Mitch can see large quantities of bags. Some of them had their contents spilled over the ground. They were filled with gold, diamonds, jewels and many other things. Not only that, the room also has statues and exotic looking vases.

When Mitch came back to his senses, he realized that he was tied up. His arms were behind his back and tied tightly along with his legs.

"Lust must have taken me here..." He muttered. He attempted to get on his feet which he succeeded but to fall over once he got up. "Ugh..." Mitch panted as he got back into a sitting position. He felt fatigued and weak.

What... what's with this?!

He leaned back, staring up in the ceiling as he tried to gather his thoughts. He heard a door open and footsteps. Mitch quickly shut his eyes and slumped over, pretending that he was still asleep.

Mitch can hear an unfamiliar voice speaking. "You went to the human realm to do this?"

"Come on, Avaritia~ I caught a cute little Virtue for you." Lust said.

Lust and... Greed?! Mitch thought. This can't be happening... One Sin is bad enough, now he has to deal with another.

"For me?" Greed said, scornfully. "Seems like I'll have to get rid of your gift."

Mitch swallowed hard as he heard those words.

Lust smirked widely. "If you don't want him, then am I allowed to have him?"

There was a long period of silence after Lust's question. The two Sins glared at each other and Mitch can somehow feel the hostile atmosphere between the two.

"I didn't say you can have him." Greed finally spoke, frowning. "Let's move onto more important things... Did you get information on Invidia?"

"I've confirmed it. He's with Kindness." Lust replied.

They're talking about Jason?! No... does this mean he's in the same situation as me?

"I see..." Greed glances over to Mitch. "Looks like he's not awake yet..."

"Well? What are you going to do with him?" Lust asked.

"That's none of your business." Greed answered. "Since Charity is here, the other Virtues will be in the realm somewhere..."

"I guess I should get my counterpart as well..."

"You're going out even when your arm hasn't healed?"

"I'm not afraid of some Virtues." Lust heads towards the exit. "I'll be going. Have fun with him~"

Greed turned back to Mitch, staring at him. He walked over slowly and crouched down to his level. He grabbed Mitch's face with his hand, pulling the Virtue towards him.

Mitch tried his best to not react and fall limp in Greed's grasp.

"I know you're awake." Greed suddenly said. "You don't have to pretend anymore." His grip tightened and Mitch winced as he felt his jaw hurting.

Unable to keep the act anymore, Mitch reluctantly opened his eyes and saw his counterpart in front of him. Just as Lust said, they do in fact look similar. However Greed's eyes were sharp and a gold color.

The Sin is wearing a sleeveless black turtleneck and beige pants that have satchels on the belt. Mitch noticed two black iron bands on both of the Sins arms and a black scarf around his neck. The more Mitch looked, the more uneasy he felt when he's focusing on the scarf.

"I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Avaritia, otherwise known as Greed." Greed lets go of his grip, allowing Mitch to lurch forward, slamming his head forehead into the Sin's face. On impact, Greed fell over and his eyes widened in anger.

However, he quickly regained his cool and stood back up. "I guess Luxurtia didn't drain enough of your energy away." He glared coldly at Mitch as he brushed off his pants. "Not that it would matter..."

"Untie me right now." Mitch demanded.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves... there's a lot of things I want to learn from you." A dagger appeared in Greed's hand and he pointed it towards Mitch's throat. Mitch held his head up, feeling the tip of the blade nicking him enough for blood to trickle down his neck. "Is there anything that makes you different from every other human?"

"Wh.. what are you talking about?" Mitch slowly asked.

"I was sure Virtues have some kind of ability... but you come off as any sack of meat." Greed's voice lowered. "Or... are you hiding it from me?"

Does he mean Essence? Mitch thought. I shouldn't tell him anything...

"I don't get what you're trying to say."

"What about the other Virtues?" Greed pressed on. "Surely one of them should have something."

"I don't understand." Mitch answered. "What abilities?"

Greed studied Mitch for a few seconds before pulling back his arm. Mitch let out a relieved sigh as the dagger left his throat.

With a quick flick of his arm, the dagger flew straight for Mitch's face. His eyes widened as he saw it coming. Before he could react, it made a loud thud as it embedded itself on the wall behind him. A stinging thin cut appeared on Mitch's cheek where the blade had whizz passed.

"You're lucky I don't bother with insignificant things." Mitch watched as Greed headed for the exit. He paused as he opened the door to sneer at Mitch. "Good luck escaping from here, I even lent you a helping hand."

With that, the door shut and Mitch was left alone.

"He.. he's letting me escape?" Mitch was perplexed as to why Greed would allow that. "And he... helped?" His eyes looked over to the dagger that Greed threw into the wall.

He grinned widely as he can see how he can free himself from the rope. Mitch slowly stood up, using the wall as support. He pushed his wrists behind his back towards the blade. It took a couple tries but the rope finally snapped. With his hands free, Mitch took the dagger to free his legs.

He decided to hold onto the dagger as it was his only means of defense. He limped over to the door and discovered that it was locked. There was a note on the door which reads: There's a key somewhere in this room. Don't tell me you thought it would be that easy.

"I can't believe this." Mitch mumbled in an irritated tone. He looked around carefully, trying to see if there was a key.

"Where did he even get all these?" Mitch eyed the expensive looking jewels. "These looked like they're worth millions..."

His eyes went over to a small display case in the corner of the room. Mitch made his way over, noticing that there was something inside on a white cushion.

It was a purple orb which seemed to be glowing. For some reason, he felt drawn to it. Before he knew it, the cover of the display case was taken off and the orb was in his hands. It felt warm and soothing to touch.

Something under the cushion caught Mitch's attention. It was the key. Mitch put the orb in his pocket and grabbed the key. The door unlocked and opened up to another room that's similar to the one that Mitch was in. However, this time there was a hallway at the end with a set of stairs going upwards.

Mitch made his way up, opening a pair of cellar doors. He stepped onto the grass outside, finding himself in the middle of a forest.

"Wh... where am I?!"