101: Bad to Worse

There was the sound of cold wind blowing and then the heavy panting.

It hurts to breathe the cold air in here. Mitch held his position with his artifact through Lust's chest, anxiously waiting to see what would happen next.

Lust's shoulders shook until he erupted into pained laughter. It lasted only for a few seconds before he started coughing roughly. "I... understand now..." He muttered, his voice faltering. Ilumina slowly slides out of his body as he collapses back with a loud thud.

Mitch backs away with Ilumina disappearing in his grip. "Jerome... are you okay...?"

Jerome didn't answer, panting heavily on the ice.

He rushed over, pulling Jerome up over his shoulders. Jerome's arm lifted and pointed in a direction. Mitch followed the direction and spotted Frostguard on the ice, still glowing. He helped Jerome grab onto Frostguard.

Mitch stops in front of Lust who was still breathing. "Armaros... I meant Greed... he wanted to say that... you're not annoying..." He wasn't sure if the Sin had heard him but staying here was painful. The cold was starting to hurt his skin.

"Let's get out of here..." Mitch muttered.

With Jerome on his back, Mitch rushed to get out of the frozen terrain.

"Biggums... how... how could you kill him...?" Jerome muttered. "Don't you... feel guilty?"

Mitch didn't answer for a few seconds. He let out a puff of warm air, grinning. "It all comes down to you or him."

"It's just that simple, huh..." Jerome smiled as he felt the weight lifted off his shoulders. Frostguard's glow faded out and it dematerialized in his hands. The blizzard stopped growing, gradually coming down to a slow.

Back in the heart of the storm, Lust lay there, chuckling weakly. "Armaros... You... couldn't even... give me a heartfelt message..."

"You and Charity really are alike... Ah..." He muttered. "It must have... been the same for you... and why... you didn't want me to be mad..."

Lust gazes dully up at the sky. "It's so cold... Armaros... It's so cold here... And... I feel so tired..." He struggles to keep his eyes open.

"Armaros..." He whispered. "Let us... meet again..." He closes his eyes as the goat symbol on his left arm crumbles apart.

~

Acheron... please be okay!

Jason and Quentin were rushing over to the smoke signal as fast as they could. There were three figures in the distance. Jason let out a sigh of relief. Lust isn't there to make things difficult for the Sins.

"J... Jason..." Quentin spoke up as soon as they got closer, his voice trembling. "Look..." He pointed in a direction with a shaky hand.

Sloth glanced back, his eye widening to see the two Virtues there. "What are you two doing here?!" He shouted out. "Get out of here!"

Envy shifted to one side, trying to see what was going on. His eyes widened as he saw Jason there. He opened his mouth, trying to speak. "Jaah... son..." His right hand went for his throat which had been slashed by Herobrine's sword.

Don't come here... Please don't come here...! Envy wishes he could scream out those words but it's painful to try to speak, only for it to come out in gurgles.

"Acheron!"

Jason shouted out as he started running over to Envy only to be stopped by Sloth's smoke.

"Kindness, stop!" Sloth barked out. "You'll get killed."

"B-but his wounds... Acheron..." Tears rolled down Jason's eyes. "And... and his arm..."

Envy's left arm was laying a couple of feet away from him. Blood dripped down from his throat and his left shoulder. Envy was glad that Jason wasn't here earlier–if he was, Jason would have seen him writhing in agony on the ground.

I... I was so close... Envy grimaced when he recalled what happened. Just before his left hand touched Herobrine, his sword slashed through his arm. Now, Father was standing before him with an icy glare. The overwhelming aura that overcame him was enough to tell him that he was wrong.

No... I wasn't... even close... Not even in the slightest!

A hard kick to his stomach sent him crashing back. Envy could hear Jason shouting but couldn't make out what he was saying. The Sin was already struggling to breathe, now he was letting out choked coughs. Tears welled up in his eyes as he wrapped his arm over his stomach. I won't die like this but... it hurts so much...! 

Envy flinched as he heard a footstep near him.

"You two... you're going against Father...?"

It wasn't Herobrine. Envy glanced upwards, seeing Ty there. No... that wasn't Ty.

"Shoo... pe... a...?"

Pride wasn't a shadow anymore–he was physically next to him. Ty's body took Pride's form with the horns sprouting from his head, a pair of scaly wings, and a tail.

Sloth gritted his teeth, visibly distressed. The situation's getting worse by the second. Envy is practically incapacitated, the Virtues had gone against the original plan, and now Pride had shown up. He turned to Jason and Quentin. "You two, run far away from here! I'll distract both of them."

"N... No... we... we're going to help..." Jason's voice trembled as he wiped his face with the sleeve of his arm. "I... I can't leave you two behind..."

Quentin nodded frantically, gripping his Artifact tightly.

"The plan isn't for you Virtues to die here!" Sloth yelled out. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted two approaching figures. Patience... and... Diligence...?! The Sin shot a frantic look back at Herobrine and Pride.

Sloth's eyes widened in shock at what he was seeing. Herobrine had his hand on what looked to be a shadow, coming out of Ty's mouth.

"W-wait, Father, I promise I'm not on their side!" Pride's shadow squirmed in Herobrine's grip. Herobrine tightened his grip, practically crushing the shadow's throat. Pride's struggle doubled, desperately trying to break free.

"It doesn't matter anymore." Herobrine's voice was calm and collected but there was a deadly understone. " I've decided I'll just destroy all of you, Sin or not."

"Wait–" Pride croaked out. Before he could finish his sentence, Herobrine forcefully yanked the shadow out of Ty, the Sin's features disappearing from the body. Pride hurled insults and curses at Herobrine and at the same time, the shadow was torn apart.

"Am I... really... dying...?" The shadow wheezed out before it started fading out. "Me...?"

Just like that, Pride was gone. 

It was only when Herobrine turned to face Sloth that he came out of his shock.

"Now for the rest of you."