19: News

Sky ran back to the castle frantically. There was no doubt that the cause to this Effect was Jason. What doesn't make sense was that Jason is still here. Something is terribly off. "Guys?" He shouted. "Where are you?" He spotted Ian just coming outside.

"Ian!"

Ian looks at Sky, frowning. "What's going on?" He asked.

"Jason.. where is he?!" Sky asked.

"I don't know." Ian frowns. "Why? Is there something wrong?"

"Something's.. really wrong-" Sky got cut off by someone shouting.

"I'm really sorry." Ty apologizes to a man who he had bumped into by accident. Instead of apologizing as well, the man shot a glare at Ty. "Hey, where you are going!" He barked.

Ian watch in shock as the man stomped away. "Wh-what..?"

"The people.. they're acting strange." Ty said quickly. "I don't know what's going on."

"Why.. why isn't the Effects working?" Ian asked.

"Guys!" They spotted Seto rushing over towards them. "Guys.. Jason.. he's.. the one that we saw isn't Jason."

The three turned to Seto with confused faces. "What do you mean it isn't Jason?!" Ty asked, bewildered.

Seto looks at them carefully. "He's a Sin."

~

Another meeting was held again. It becomes clear that 'Jason' is nowhere to be found. "What's happening now?" Mitch asked. "And where is Jason?"

"Jason is missing." Ian said. "I looked everywhere..."

Ty nodded slowly. "And Seto told us that.. Jason wasn't... Jason."

Jerome frowns, scratching his head. "What do you mean by not Jason?"

"He's a Sin." Seto said loudly.

Quentin looks at Seto with wide eyes. "What? What are you talking about? Jason isn't a Sin."

"It's not Jason.. It's.. it's someone impersonating him!" Seto exclaimed.

"Woah, woah." Mitch said. "Slow down Seto... What happened?"

Seto blew out a sigh. "The Jason we saw recently wasn't Jason at all.." He explained. "He can.. transform.. It was the Sin of Envy.."

"Sin of Envy..?" Sky mumbered.

"So.. the reason why the Virtue of Kindness is fading is because.. of the Sin." Jerome said.

"Wait.. If that wasn't Jason then.. where is Jason?" Quentin asked.

The room turned quiet as everyone exchanged anxious looks. "He.. he killed him?" Jerome muttered harshly.

Sky looks at Jerome, horrified. "No.. don't say that."

"No way.." Ian whispered. The room started up with all of them talking at once.

"The Effects would only come if the Virtue dies.." Ian said, slowly.

Sky bites his lips, trembling. "Jason can't be..."

"Jason is not dead." Seto said loudly, standing up from his chair. Everyone stops and turned to him.

"R-really..?" Ty asked, voice shaking.

Seto nodded slowly. "The Sin.. he told me that Jason is in another world."

"Another world..?" Mitch frowns, realization dawning him on. "That's like in the book.." He said, remember the book he borrowed from Seto. It talked about the Sins and the world that they're living in.

"Apparently it's called the Mirror Realm." Seto added. "It's a copy of our world.. except that they have Sins.."

"And Jason's in there?!" Ian said with disbelief. "Do you think.. the Sin is lying..?"

Seto stops. "We have no way of knowing..."

"Should we trust the Sin?" Jerome asked, anxiously. "It could be a trap for all we know.."

"This... isn't believing what the Sin says.." Sky said, his voice rising. "We have to save Jason from the other world."

"Sky's right.." Ty said. "The worse thing we can do is not do anything." The Virtues agreed. It was what they want to believe. That Jason is trapped and waiting to be rescued. A chance that he's still alive.

"You're right.." Jerome stiffens a grin. "Any idea how to get into the Mirror Realm?"

Seto remembered Envy disappearing. He had read somewhere about travelling to the Mirror Realm.

Wait, Seto frowns. he disappeared?

The Mirror Realm.. Seto tried to remember. Something that leads into the realm.. It was...

A ripple.

Seto stood up abruptly and dashed out of the room.

"Seto where are you going?" He hears Sky calling after him.

"I think I know how to get Jason back!" Seto yelled back.