77: Tagged

"L-let me get this straight..." Ant started slowly. "There's... two different worlds and they each have a... copy of everyone..." He scratches his head. "Then... this means you're the other world's version of Jimmy?"

Seto nodded. "Our realms are opposites. While you have Sins, we have Virtues."

"Are we able to meet our other selves too then?" Brice questioned.

Seto lowered his gaze. "No... Our Ant went off to adventure and disappeared a couple years ago... As for Brice, he died a long time ago from a sickness."

"Oh... He... he got sick...?"

Seto nodded slowly. "Once he got it, it worsened until he passed away. There.. there wasn't any cure or medicine that could have helped.." His voice shook and he closed his eyes to stop them from watering. Although it was many years ago, the memories are still painful enough for him to cry.

"I.. I also got sick... but.. Jimmy took me in..." Brice said. "Jimmy.. he gave me some kind of a drink.. it.. it made my condition better.."

Seto's eyes flew open, shocked. "Jimmy... have the cure?"

"It wasn't exactly the cure.. It was only temporary."

"You're lying... you're lying..."

"H-huh?" Brice looked at Seto whose expression was a mix of horror and shock.

"Th-there's no way..." Seto muttered. "I.. I looked everywhere... There wasn't anything..."

"Seto...?"

Seto felt his entire world crashing down around him. The deep void from years before opened up again, threatening to swallow him whole.

How... how did he find a cure.. I-I couldn't even come close..

The voices came back, echoing in his mind. A few of them were clear.

'You're a failure...'

'Sad life.'

'You didn't save him.'

'You let him die...'

The voices continued, overlapping over one another as they grew louder and louder. Seto grabbed his head as black marks appeared on his face, slowly growing in size.

'You didn't try hard enough.'

His eyes watered as he heard the statement.

"Brice... I'm so sorry..." Seto whispered, trembling. "I.. I could have saved you but..." His aura flared dangerously as he continued. "I couldn't..."

"Seto!" Seto looked up, eyes streaking down his face and saw Brice. He laughed, almost maniacally. "Y-yes... I did save him... I.. I had to.. There was no way I would have let him die.."

"Get a hold of yourself!" Ant exclaimed.

Brice put his hands on Seto's shoulders. "We're not the same person, Seto..."

The black marks grew darker and larger as Seto stare on with disbelief. "Brice... I... I'm sorry... I—"

His words were cut off as Brice gave Seto a hard slap, turning his face. Stunned, Seto held his stinging cheek with one hand. Ant looked equally shocked.

"Keep it together, Seto!" Brice shouted. "I don't know what happened but it's not your fault that he got sick and passed." His grip on Seto's shoulders lessened as his voice softened. "I'm sure you tried your best to help."

The voices gradually disappeared and the black marks on his face faded away as he slowly came back to his senses.

"I'm... sorry..." Seto shut his eyes, putting a hand to his forehead. "I don't know what got to me..." 'He notices his hand was wrapped in bandages as well. He carefully lifted one of the sections, seeing his charred hand. He couldn't remember exactly what happened when he broke the taboo, the events were distorted until he heard his teacher's voice.

Brice and Ant let out a sigh of relief, seeing nothing bad happened.

"That cure... Where.. how did Jimmy get it?" Seto questioned slowly.

"Well... it's not exactly a cure.. The medicine he gave is temporary..." Brice explained. "And.. I..I don't want to go back..." He shuddered.

Ant nodded fearfully. "We escaped his lab.. we didn't know that he would find us that fast.."

"I.. I see... but.. Don't you still need the medicine?"

Brice didn't answer, letting the silence take over the group. He looked up in a few seconds, putting a smile across his face. "Don't worry.. Eventually I'll be able to get better." He said, optimistically. "I will find the cure."

Seto's heart ached as painful memories of Brice saying similar lines flashed through his head.

"That reminds me... why are you here then?" Ant asked him, distracting him.

Seto's eyes widened as he shot up from the bed. He had completely forgotten what had happened. "I.. I have to find everyone!" He said. Seto grimaced in pain.

"Calm down, you haven't even recovered!" Ant exclaimed. "You're seriously injured."

"No.. I.. I have to.." As he made his way out, the limp caused him to fumble forward. Seto reached out to grab hold of something but there was nothing. Ant grabbed him, stopping him from falling.

"Look at you! You can't even walk straight." Ant scowled.

"I'm fine..." Seto shrugged Ant off and continued walking with each step causing him to wince. "There's... more pressing issues than Jimmy..."

"Wh-what do you mean?" Brice asked.

"The two realms... they're going to fall apart..." Seto explained, out of breath. "And I have to get back to my friends, they could be in trouble..."

As Seto continued walking, Brice casted a glance at Ant who shook his head. Brice followed after Seto anyway. Ant sighed as he put his hand on his forehead. "I should have known..." He muttered. "Fine, go ahead..." He headed back inside the house.

"Why are you following me?" Seto asked.

"Why else? I want to help you find your friends." Brice answered.

"Shouldn't you stay with Ant?" Seto questioned. "He's going to stay behind."

"Ant?" Brice pointed behind him with his thumb. "No, he's coming along."

Seto glanced back and sure enough, Ant was heading towards the two. He had grabbed a bag and his sword from the house. He stopped in his tracks, turning to Brice and Ant.

"I don't think you guys should follow me... This is even worse than Jimmy..." Seto said, frowning. "The Sins are involved and... possibly Herobrine..."

"The Sins... and Herobrine....?!" They were a bit taken back.

"As in the legend... Herobrine?" Ant asked.

Seto nodded slowly.

"It doesn't matter... I still want to come with you." Brice grinned. "You... you saved us from Jimmy.. Besides, we don't know when Jimmy will come back to get us..."

Ant nodded in agreement. "You're not completely healed yet either."

"And if what you said was true, then we have to stop that from happening."

Seto sighed. Judging from their looks, there was no way they would listen to him regardless of what he said. It was true that it was dangerous but there was no way to tell when Jimmy would appear again. He looked down at his injuries. He isn't in the ideal shape to fight anytime soon.

"Fine.." Seto said. "Let's go then."

Brice cheered as Ant grinned widely. Seto smiled as well. Even if it was just for a short moment, he couldn't help but feel whole again.