49: Artifacts

"Ja... Jason..." Sky's hands were on the ground which was the spot he saw Jason being pulled into. He couldn't believe what just happened. He was only an inch away from grabbing his hands before he disappeared.

"Wh.. what just happened...?" Ian asked, panicked. "Where did Jason go?"

"Sloth.." Seto turned to the Sin who was standing there quietly. "What have you done..?"

"I was only trying to help." Sloth responded. "I didn't know Envy was going to take him away.."

"I don't get it..." Sky slowly stood up, "Why does he want Jason?"

"Don't look at me.. I don't understand either." Sloth said, annoyed when he noticed the others glancing at him.

"I can't trust him." Seto scowled. "For all I know, he could be helping Envy."

"Seto... I don't think he's a bad guy.." Ian said. "He saved us from the earthquakes...."

"That can be an act, Ian... you can't just trust him. Not a Sin."

Sloth felt his mouth twitched in anger. "I can hear you guys." He sighed looking at Seto and Sky. They seem exhausted. "... How about we find a place to rest for now?"

No one argued against that. Sloth leads them away from the open field and into an area that has more greens and trees. He sat himself down on the ground, forming a gas to cushion him. The others followed suit, planting themselves on the ground and leaned back onto the tree bark.

"Ian... how long were we gone...?" Sky asked him, clearly tired from the tone of his voice.

"It's been a couple days since you two went into the portal..." Ian replied. "And at home... things aren't looking so great."

"What's happening?" Sky asked. "Are... are the people alright? Are the others okay?"

"No.. the people are slowly getting Affected... Mitch, Jerome and Ty can't seem to figure out what to do.."

"Things are getting worse... I just hope the Affected isn't overwhelming."

"They're increasing everyday." Ian added. "I don't know how things will be like if I'm gone..."

"... We have to find Jason somehow and fast... but we don't have any leads." Seto sighed. "We lucked out when we ran into him while at the manor."

Sloth was watching them as they talked, noting how both the Virtues have no abilities. He scowled, finding it strange. Not only that, they don't seem to have their weapons. He thought.

Should I even care? Sloth wonders. Afterall, this was the Virtue's problem. All he said was that he would help Diligence find his friends.

His attention turned to Ian who seemed stressed out. However, he seems focused and determined, staring at the ground aa if he's trying to figure out what to do. He frowned as received a brief flashback of someone in Ian's place with the same expression on their face.

He shook his head and the memory faded.

He stared at Ian a while longer before sighing. I guess I have no other choice...

"Virtues... where are your Artifacts?" Sloth asked, interrupting their discussion.

The three look at Sloth in confusion.

"Artifacts...? What is that?" Sky asked him.

Sloth was confused as well. "You... you guys don't know what they are?"

"I never heard of it before..." Ian said. "What's it for?"

Don't tell me this generation has nothing... Sloth thought, worried now.

"I believe you call your abilities Essence... however you also have Artifacts." Sloth explained. "They're connected to your Essence."

"What are you talking about?" Seto frowned. "Artifacts...? I never heard of them before."

"Artifacts and Essence are the only things able to hurt us Sins." Sloth added. "But you're telling me you have never heard of Artifacts before?"

Seto shook his head. "No.. If these things existed, there would be information somewh-"

"No." Sloth cuts him off. "These Artifacts.. they're seen as a part of your Essence."

"A part of my Essence?" Ian questioned.

"They're shaped like orbs." Sloth said. "One of the Artifacts is-" He suddenly stops talking, freeing in place. The eye that's not covered by the mask widens as if he were caught doing something wrong.

"One of the Artifacts is....?" Ian pressed on.

"... I think... they're all lost in time." Sloth said. He pulled down his sleeping mask, sighing. "Let's just rest for now. We can talk when we wake up." He turned away from them, shoulders dropping.

Ian frowned. It seemed as if Sloth was hiding something. He turned towards Seto and Sky who already closed their eyes. He closed his eyes as well, deciding it's best to rest for now.

Sloth pulled his sleeping mask up on his forehead. His dark blue eyes gazed longingly at his palm as he held it close to his heart.

"I can't give this up..." He muttered under his breath. "Not even to one of your reincarnations." 

(editting) Minecraft's 7 Deadly Sinsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें