19

~Desilou POV~
I woke up to an empty bed. I looked around & saw Luke no where. Is he in the bathroom? I waited a while to see if he was in there but not a sound came signaling that there is someone in there. I got up & changed to some sweatpants & my college shirt. Then I went downstairs hearing things in the kitchen. I entered & saw my mom moving faster than I have ever seen her move.
"Goodmorning mom, have you seen Luke?"
M: good morning honey, & he took James down to the creek for some hunting fun.
"Oh. when did James come back?"
M: unexpectedly last night around 11:30-12:00
"Wow."
M:yea, I know. nobody has told him Happy birthday yet. we are acting like we forgot. I know it's harsh but I don't want him to expect we are doing anything.
"I understand, do you need me to help with anything?"
M: yes, please can you make your famous blueberry crunch cake for his cake? I know he loves it.
"I am honored to. & I know Luke loves it to. He has been bugging lately for it."
M: it's because it's really good
She chuckled
"It must be" I chuckled back.
"Well I'm going to head to the store to get the supplies. Do you need anything?"
M: ok & no I don't I think i got everything yesterday.
"Ok, I'll be back in a few"
"Ok"

~Luke POV~
I woke woke up to someone shaking my shoulder. I opened my eyes & saw Desi's mom in front of me & she said
"I'm sorry to wake you up, but James came in last night & I need to start getting everything ready. can you take him out now?"
"What time is it?"
"around 6:30-7:00"
"Yea I can, it's perfect timing, the game should be starting to come out."
"Thank you so much"
"Your welcome" I smiled at her. she left the room & I got up. I didn't take a shower because I knew I would like one when we come back. So I but a shirt on & I was wearing my basketball shorts already. I headed to James room to wake him up.
"Hy James?" I whispered
"James?"
"James?!" I said a little louder
"JAMES!" I kinda of screamed making him jump up & almost falling off his bed. I chuckled at him.
"HY LUKE! it's been a long while since I saw you!" He said as he got up to bro hug me.
"Yes it's been to long" I replied
"So what did you wake me up for?" He chuckled
"I was wondering if you wanted......i don't know...... maybe to..... go down to Muckalee creek & go hunting with me, Chevy & Gunner?"
"OH MY GOD! ARE YOU SERIOUS! IVE BEEN DYING TO GO but nobody wants to take me"
"Well get ready we leave in 10." I said smiling & pointing at him while exiting his room so I could get ready. when I walked into to room I saw Desi still sleeping peacefully. I smiled to myself. Man do I love that girl. I then went to the closet & got my gear that I packed up from the bus. I had a feeling I would use it so I brought it. Thankfully I did. then I went to the bathroom & changed. After I came out & gave Desi a kiss on her forehead, went to the closet again to grab the dogs gear & grabbed my new 2014 Open-Country Stalker
Nosler M48 Patriot, 30-06 & Amo. After I grabbed everything I headed out with the dogs behind me. They know I'm going hunting. It's so funny when they get so excited. I went outside so load them in desi's truck. I opened the back door & they jumped right in, then I closed the door & opened to drivers door to roll down the back windows for the dogs. After I loaded the dogs gear & my rifle in the toolbox them the back of the truck. Then James came out with his Beanfield Sniper Remington Sendero SF II. I loaded it in the toolbox as well as he hopped in the truck. I closed up the toolbox & hopped in myself.
"You ready?" I smiled & looked at him
J:Ready as I'll ever be!
"Well let's go!"
J:We shall
I started the truck & headed down to Muckalee creek.

~Desilou POV~
I just got back home from the store & I started laying everything out. I grabbed the pans & mixing bowls, then the mixer & spoon. So then I turned the oven on to 350 degrees F, I poured everything in the bowl & started mixing it. After that I sprayed non-stick grease onto the cake pans & poured the batter into it. After all the batter was poured I carried the pans & put them into the oven. I set the timer at 35 mins & started cleaning up my mess & washing the dishes.
M: thank you for washing the dishes dear.
"Your welcome Mom"
I smiled at her. After I was done I started helping my mom finish cooking & dad started setting up & decorating outside.