29

She looked herself in the mirror, trying to force a smile. "Are you ready?," asked Yoongi from behind her back while he put on his watch, staring at her through the mirror. "Yoongi, I don't want to go," she told her, hoping he'll understand.

He sighed, softly and went near her to give her comfort by holding her shoulder. "We already talk about this, Jisoo. Let's face it together. Just stay by my side, stay closer to me. We'll get through the night without you even realising it,". She was still hesitating it.

He bend down to kiss her head, "Trust me on this okay. No one is going to hurt you. I promise the pain will come to an end," he whispered, putting his head on the top of her head while gazing on her through the mirror.

"You look beautiful tonight," he compliment cause a smile plastered on her face, "No, I'm not," she bowed her head avoiding his eyes, "Yes, you are!,". He spun her around and give her a peck on the lips, "Forever and always,".

"Even if I've become a grandma?," she asked playfully. "Then, you'll be the hottest grandma on earth," both of them laughed, imagining the situation. "What about you?,"

He hummed thinking the perfect match, "I'll be the swag grandpa on that generation," confidently he said, wiggling his eyebrow. It's good to hear her laugh and to see her smile at his stupid jokes, he would like to keep it that way.

"Come on, now. We have a party to attend. The party wouldn't be fun without us," he offered his hand to helped her stand up. She suddenly feel at ease at least, for that moment.

•••

They arrived at the venue and her hand started shaking and sweating as she could hear the music and the crowd didn't even help much. At the second thought, she was regretting her decision to agree with Yoongi. She should just stay at home and let him attend the Gala alone. "Are you okay, sweetheart?," he whispered.

"No..I need to go to the restroom," she said while letting go of his hand, "Do you want me to go with you?," he asked, obviously concerned about her in his tone which is why she giggle. "I'll be alright, just wait here." she assured and stood up.

She swung the door open and jolted a little when Areum was in front of the mirror, putting some make up on her face and she caught her staring. "Oh sweet Jisoo, do you want to drink with me again?," she asked in sarcasm tone.

She remain silence as her body was tensed, "What's the matter honey? Are you scared of me?," she smirked and turn her back, finish dolling herself up. "Don't worry Jisoo.. tonight it's all about you," she whispered to her ear.

"What do you mean, Areum?," she manage not to stuttered while she asking. "Just wait and see," she said and left her wondering.

She went to the ballroom after a minute calming herself but it got worst after her encounter with Areum. She felt like everyone were against her. "Jiyoon-ah," a male voice was calling for her.

"Mom, Dad! What are you doing here?," she asked. It's another surprised for her as she didn't expect her parents to be coming here. They didn't even have a chance to answered her as the voice from the microphone echoed.

"Good evening, Ladies and Gentleman. Welcome to Min Holding Gala night," said the emcee, which no one than other, Areum, herself and Jisoo know something bad will happen.

"Mom, Dad.. you guys need to go now," she pushed them to the door while Areum, saying through the microphone, "Before we start our ceremony, I have something to show.. Now, where is Mrs. Jiyoon? Can someone turn on the spotlight please?,"

"Jiyoon-ah, go she's calling for you," said her dad, not knowing the truth. "No..no..," she murmured while taking steps back, "This is not happening..," she whispered to herself.

A hand stopped her from walking away, it was her husband, intertwined with his hand. "Yoongi..," she called as if asking for a help. "You'll be alright.. just trust me.,"

The spotlight suddenly on their direction. "Ah there you are, Jiyoon. Trying to hide behind your husband," she joked but only they know she was being sarcastic. "Come on here, Jiyoon bring your husband along," said Areum, "Everyone please give the couple around of applause,"

She gulped, feeling even more scared when Yoongi walk her to the stage. "Perfect," said Areum when they were standing in front of the stage. "Now, please enjoy the video that I've prepared," she said again pointing to the screen.

Jisoo keep her eyes closed, not ready for what happened until she heard her own voice.

"Yoongi! Stop recording me, I'm eating!," She turned to the screen in confusion. "You look beautiful, say something to camera, Jisoo,"

Everyone gasped, as he was supposed to say 'Jiyoon' instead. "Sure, I will but after I finish my meal!," she retorted. "Oh come on, it's a perfect angle here. There's Eiffel tower behind your back,". He zoomed to her nose which makes the audience giggled, finding it cute.

He turned the camera to his side, "Hi, it's awkward to talk to camera but anyway.. right now, my wife and I are having dinner. I just propose to her which she said yes.. Jisoo show them the ring,"

She waved her hand to the camera, ,"Oh wow, Miss you look gorgeous!," some of the audience felt weird they never seen this side of Yoongi.

Then the scene changed, "I can't sleep.. probably because I'm too happy.. my wife is sleeping, I don't want to wake her up. Okay, Jisoo-yah.. if you're watching this.. I just want you to know that I'm ready for whatever the journey take us," he smiled.

"If our love is tragedy why are you my remedy," she sang her a song to sleep. "You record that?," she asked Yoongi who was blushing the whole time. "I put the camera at the corner, and keep it on,"

"No!," Areum shouted and stopped the video. "Everyone listen up! This woman is a liar! She's not Kim Jiyoon! She's her twin! She replaced her sister on the wedding day," Yoongi smirked, "Thank you, Areum," he said taking away the mic.

He cleared his throat, "Yes, everything Areum said was true. This is my wife, Kim Jisoo and she was never a replacement. I announced Jiyoon to media because she was shy but we're actually legally married," then the screen shown the photo of their marriage license.

"Now, I would like to introduce her to the public. There's nothing to hide anymore," he smiled. "No! He was lying!," Areum retorted.

Yoongi raised her eyebrows, "It looks like Areum had a lot of drink tonight," he joked, "Well, I would like to call upon Kim Jiyoon to come up to the stage," the real Kim Jiyoon went up to the stage.

"Thank you, Yoongi. It's good to be back," she flipped her hair. "Anyway, yes.. I never been married to Yoongi because I'm in love with my own man," she narrowed at Namjoon. "I know this maybe confusing but this is all my own idea and I'm truly sorry for the shocking drama but please enjoy your wonderful evening,"

Areum was dumbfounded, she can't believe her plan was back fired. So, she decided to take her leave. "Yoongi, what is that all about?," his parents stopped him from leaving the ballroom.

"Jiyoon will explained it to you, Jisoo and I have to go," he excused to leave along with his wife. "We're going to leave Jiyoon alone?," she questioned.

"She's a grown up beside she has her husband so, don't worry. Let's get home and rest, I'm tired,".

He don't tell her about his other agenda for the next morning, which is why he needs a lot of rest.

•••

1 more chapter to go before the epilogue