Twelve| love hurts

"Are you ok?" Denver asked as he watched Barcelona stand in front of the safe.

She turned and looked at him, finding concern written all over his face. "Yes, I'm just-" she tried to find the words to describe everything she was feeling at the moment, so overwhelmed with all the shit that wasn't part of the plan. I guess Tokio was right. "I'm exhausted."

He stepped in front of her, stopping her from opening the safe. "Why don't you go rest?" He pushed some hair out of her face, looking at her saddened eyes.

"No." She shook her head. "I'm going to help Monica." She held up her bag that contained equipment to care for her wound. "Did you bring the change of clothes?" Denver held up his own little bag, filled with the clothes and some food.

Once inside they saw Monica lying against a box. "How are you feeling?" Barcelona asked, dropping down to check if she had a temperature. "I'm ok, Rosa." She smiled slightly.

"We have some things for you." Barcelona started to unpack everything in her bag. "Can you stand so I can help you get undressed?" Barcelona asked and held out her hand. "I need to clean your wound."

Denver got on the other side of the girl and helped Barcelona pull her up before turning around as she got undressed. "Shit." Barcelona whispered as she saw the bullet wound.

"What? What is it bad?" Monica panicked and looked down.

"No!" Barcelona spoke and held her hand up. "It's ok, don't panic." She helped Monica sit down carefully, getting the alcohol out and pouring it onto a rag. "This is going to hurt."

Monica gripped Lonas arm she the alcohol started to burn. "You're ok, you're ok."

A little while later the bullet was gone and her wound was stitched nicely, a bandage put over top to keep it from getting exposed. "Thank you."

Barcelona smiled and pulled her new jumpsuit up her legs. "You're welcome, one of us will be coming down her regularly to change your bandage and check on it, other than that, it should heal nicely."

Denver reached his hand out and offered both girls a sandwich. "Eat. Both of you."

Before lona could respond, they all heard heavy footsteps slowly walking outside the safe, both of the robbers eyes widened. "Stay." Denver held his hands to lona. He pulled out his gun and walked to the entrance, steadying his breathing.

Barcelona shushed Monica's cries, holding her hand with one and rubbing her back with the other. "Please, quiet down." Lona whispered as she felt fear creep it's way up her back.

"We'll be back." Lona stood to her feet and walked to Denver, her gun at her side.

"What! You're leaving me." Monica yelled.

"Shh!" Lona held her hand up. "One of us will be back shortly, eat up and relax." The two made their way out of the safe and back to the front of the building.

"So, um, my dad." Denver started and rubbed his neck. "How did he take it?"

She looked at the ground as she thought about the distraught look on his face.