Stronger (FINAL)

A year later, (Y/N) and our daughter were visiting with Uncle Spirit. I was teaching and (Y/N) was coming to visit the class, mostly to see the students. I could feel her soul wavelength and I smiled, starting,

"Alright, for all you meisters who can see souls, be quiet." I looked at Maka knowingly and she pouted, sinking into her seat. My ring was on the chain, but due to some training, it rested on the outside of my shirt. Opening the door, I smiled at my wife and daughter, picking her up. (Y/N) smiled and kissed me, softly. Kissing back, I admired her and she rolled her eyes at my lovesick expression.

When she walked into the room, everyone greeted her,

"Hello, Mrs. Stein!"

(Y/N) chuckled and I looked at (Daughter/Name), whispering,

"Mommy is gonna show them something cool. Wanna go with Aunt Maka?" The little girl couldn't talk yet, but she recognized Maka's name and looked around the room, her gaze falling on the blonde girl. Maka caught on and walked up to me, taking her from me.

"Class, we are going to show and explain how resonance works." I finished, allowing (Y/N) to start teaching on the weapon's part,

"Hi, guys. I've really missed all of you. We can catch up later, though. So, as a weapon. . .resonating is much easier than if you were a meister. Now, by no means does that make it a breeze for you. To resonate well, you must work together. However, a meister controls the wavelength. Try to. . ." I started to zone out and just admire her. She was still gorgeous. Since she had given birth, she a slimmed out again and going on missions was the reason for this. Her hair was down today, it reached her lower back and she was in a grey shirt, black jeans, and black flats. Her ring was also on a chain that rested on her chest because she was going to change into her weapon form.

"Right, Professor Stein?" (Y/N) teasing voice snapped me out of my trance and I met her eyes, a smirk on her face.

"I'm sorry. What was the question?" I asked, making her chuckle and repeat,

"A meister and weapon have to be in tune with one another's wavelength to be able to resonate. How do you keep resonate rate stable, while in a stressful situation?"

"When your wavelengths are synchronized, maintaining the resonance will become as natural as breathing. Let's see. . .Maka."

"Hm?"

"You can see our souls, yes?"

"Yes, Professor."

"Explain to the class what our wavelengths look like."

All three of us knew, (Y/N) and my our soul wavelengths were the exact same. So much so, that our resonance rate had become something that other pairs attained to have.

"Your soul wavelengths are moving at the same rate. Even without using soul resonance. you're an extremely powerful pair due to the fact that you're so synchronized." Maka explained, bouncing (D/N) on her hip and I nodded, confirming,

"Very good, Maka. Now, the fact that (Y/N) and I are married and have been living together for the better part of two years has to do with this. Which is why, most of you live with your partners and do things to improve synchronization. We are much older than you-"

"Hey, watch it!" (Y/N) interrupted, playfully, making the class laugh and I chuckled, continuing,

"As you and your partner work on this, your resonance rates and synchronization will improve with time naturally. Let's head outside for this next part."

Maka's Point of View

As we were outside, I stood to the back with Soul and he smiled down at, (D/N). She was very quiet and her green eyes were in stark contrast to her (h/c) hair and (fair/light/tan/dark) skin. She looked like a perfect mix of Professor Stein and (Y/N).

Since (D/N) was born, after (Y/N)'s maternity leave was over, they had to go on missions. Soul and I became good babysitters. Along with everyone else, but we were the ones who were asked to do it the most. Especially since Soul became a Death Scythe.

"Alright. (Y/N), ready?" Stein's voice pulled me out of my thoughts and I payed attention to the lesson I've heard a million times.

"Right!" (Y/N) claimed, stretching her arms upward and transforming into a scythe. Professor Stein grabbed her handle and rested her over his shoulder, explaining somethings in more detail. Watching their soul wavelengths, I was still in awe of how well they worked together. Soul and I still had some way to go before we got this strong.

When they resonated, I shuddered and thought,

'I never want to be against them in battle.'

"Any volunteers to spar?" Professor Stein asked, as (Y/N)'s blade transformed into her Witch Hunter.

"ME! THE ALMIGHTY BLACKSTAR!" Blackstar yelled, making everyone sweat drop and Soul stepped forward, shocking me.

"Aw. What the hell? I'm in."

"Soul!"

"I'll be fine, Maka."

He leaned over and pressed a soft kiss to my forehead, before stepping away. He held out his hand and as his weapon form came into view, (Y/N) reminded,

"Remember Soul, you can't stay like that for long. Don't get cocky." Soul closed his hand and nodded, opting to wait until the battle started. Kid, Liz, and Patty also stepped forward as Kid commented,

"Let's go. I've to get accustomed to these new powers anyway." Kid had become the Grim Reaper not long ago and we were all surprised to find him in the Death Room not long after Lord Death had passed his powers onto his son. The lines of Sanzu were all connected and Kid's eyes had turned red, he was a proper Grim Reaper now. Liz and Patty were both Death Scythes now and it was then that I realized.

Looking around at my class, I realized,

'We're all so grown for a bunch of kids. We've all gotten stronger.'

Looking down at (D/N), she giggled at me and I nuzzled my face into her own, thinking,

'We've gotten this strong for the next generation. To protect their right to the peace we work so hard for everyday.'

Reader's Point of View

I could see Maka and (D/N) at the back of the group. Chuckling, I thought to Stein,

'These kids may not be kids any more, Stein. They've all gotten stronger.'

'So have we.'

'Yes, but you know what I mean.'

'Hm. Yes, I do. I can be proud of them now.'

After the fight was over, we were in the classroom and (D/N) was sitting on the desk, on my lap. Stein and I were talking with Kid about some new missions. Stein's eyes went around the classroom and he chuckled, catching everyone's attention.

All eyes were on him and he smiled, fondly.

"You all will always be kids in our books. . .But you have all gotten exceptionally strong."

". . ."

"I'm very proud of all of you."

Smiling, I kissed (D/N) on the head and Stein looked back at me, mouthing,

'And I love you.'

Nodding, I looked down at our child and thought,

'Time to let Maka's generation take over, they're more than ready.'