Movement

Three months later, we were sitting in the Academy and I was teaching, while (Y/N) was with Lord Death. (Y/N) was showing a lot by now. She has opted to wearing my shirts now because of how much larger she had gotten. For lunch, we normally sit in the Death Room and talk. Some days, we go eat with Maka and her friends. (Y/N) was now six months pregnant and she was glowing.

"Stein, how is (Y/N)?" Maka asked, as we were leaving the classroom for lunch and I looked at her, replying,

"She's good. The baby has been kicking, so she's been more uncomfortable. Otherwise, she's been great."

"He started kicking?"

"He?"

"I. . .Well, I want you guys to have a boy. There's a poll going around."

"Is there? What's wining?"

"Girl, but only by like five votes."

"I want a little girl."

"Professor Stein-"

"Come on. You wanna see her, right?"

"Yeah, I'll go tell Soul and meet you in the Death Room."

"Okay.

We parted ways and I walked to the Death Room, in silence. My ring was on a chain and it rested against my chest, under my shirt. Between training, classes, and experiments I was terrified I'd lose it.

As I got in the Death Room, I could hear Lord Death and (Y/N) chatting, quietly. When I could see them, Spirit looked like he was uninterested and (Y/N) winced, slightly.

"She's moving, isn't she?" I asked, making them jump and when she looked at me, she smiled softly.

"Yeah. A lot." (Y/N) replied, resting her hands on top of her stomach. Kneeling down in front of her, I placed my hands on her stomach and felt the baby kicking, a lot.

"So cool." I mumbled, smiling and (Y/N) giggled, shaking her head. She was sitting in a chair next to Lord Death and Spirit was standing next to Lord Death. Lord Death was in his human form and he asked (Y/N),

"May I?" (Y/N) nodded and he placed his hand on her stomach, excitedly. The Death Room door opened and an entourage of feet could be heard coming towards us. Lord Death shifted back into his reaper form and the kids all came sit in the Death Room, noisy as always. Maka walked up to (Y/N) and asked,

"Lemme feel?"

"Sure thing, Maka."

Maka rubbed (Y/N)'s belly and jumped when she felt the baby kick.

"Does it hurt?"

"No, it's just a little uncomfortable."

When we got home later, the kicking had lessened and (Y/N) was sitting in the new couch fort that I had created. At home, I took it upon myself to wait on (Y/N) hand and foot. The first few weeks, she protested the idea and insisted that she could still do things herself. However, after a fall she scared herself and agreed to letting me take care of her. About an hour after we got home, I took off my lab coat and shirt, taking my ring off its chain to put it on.

"(Y/N), popcorn?"

"Yeah, that sounds really good right now."

After making the popcorn, I went sit with her and we cuddled, watching movies. (Y/N) leaned into me and her fingers traced over my ring, unconsciously. My eyes often wandered down to her ring and I felt myself smiling, happily.

"Ah!" (Y/N) groaned, wincing and I sat up, asking,

"Is everything okay?"

"She's just really restless."

"That sounded like it hurt a lot more than just kicking."

"I'm fine, Franken."

"Let me give you a physical."

"She's just kicking."

"Please, it'll make me feel better."

". . .Alright."

She sat up and I walked into my lab, grabbing everything I needed. Sitting back next to her, I checked her pulse and looked to see if there were any bruises or something, nothing. Grabbing my stethoscope, I listened to her breathing and heartbeat. Next, I listened to the baby's heart beat and sighed in relief. Finally, was her blood pressure and that was fine too. When I finished, I listened to the baby's heart beat again and smiled, happily.

"Everything fine?"

"Yeah. I just. . .This is so cool."

(Y/N) giggled and rolled her eyes, pulling my face to her own. She kissed me softly and I leaned into the kiss, pressing her into the couch fort. Pulling away, I smiled and said, softly,

"I love you."

"I love you too."