Mine

Reader's Point of View

Stein's episodes were becoming more frequent and I was beginning to worry about him more, daily. Walking back home with him, I held his hand and he seemed relaxed. There was a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and something seemed to really be bothering him.

"You know, (Y/N), the harder you stare. . .The more I see your stress. I'm not a child, you don't have to-"

"Stein, I'm sorry. I just don't wanna lose you. Not to anyone or anything." I interrupted him, looking at the ground and his grip on my hand tightened, slightly.

"Hey. You won't lose me." He tried to console me, pulling me closer and resting his arm on my shoulders. Wrapping an arm around his waist, I looked up at him and he kept his gaze forward, making me bite the inside of my cheek.

When we got home, I went to the kitchen to start diner and Stein went into his lab, quietly. While I was cooking, something felt off and I shifted my weight between my feet, uncomfortably.

Crash!!!!

Hearing that, I ran into the lab and looked at Stein on the ground, laughing like crazy. He was mumbling to himself and his glasses were no where to be seen. Glancing back at the door, I worried about the stove, but opted to staying with Stein.

His had was in his hands and his eyes were wide, breathing irregular. Sliding into his lap, I rested my hands on his face and my hands started glowing, as I activated my healing wavelength.

"Please, Stein. Snap out of it." His breathing relaxed and his eyes landed on me, softening.

"(Y/N). . ." Arms wrapping around my waist, he pulled me into a kiss and I wrapped my arms around his neck, returning his affections. Pulling away, I looked around for his glasses and seeing them on his desk, I went to get up and he stopped me, requesting,

"Can we just stay here for a few more minutes?"

"Stein, we can stay here for as long as you need, but we have to turn off the stove."

Stein smiled, picking me up and walking to the kitchen, his hands rested on my hips. As he turned off the stove, he rested me against the counter and sighed, asking,

"Can I tell you something?"

"Of course, Stein."

"Medusa has been coming to me."

"Oh, Stein. I'm not surprised, she's obsessed with you."

". . ."

"However, she can't have you. Because you're mine."

Stein's upset turned into playfulness and he smirked, teasing,

"Is that so?" Giggling, I nodded and wrapped my arms around his neck, replying,

"Yes and she'll have to kill me to take you."

"Good thing I'll have to kill her if she tries it then. Because you're mine too and I can't lose you either."

"Oh Stein."

Pulling him into another kiss, he carried me upstairs and into the bedroom, laying down with me. His mouth wandered and his hands were firm, yet gentle.

After he marked me to his liking, he got under the covers and pulled me against him, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Mine~" He growled, resting his chin on top of my head and falling asleep not long after.

"Hn. You're mine too, Stein." I whispered, brushing his hair away from his face and kissing his cheek, before falling asleep myself.

Even with this in mind, Stein still went with Medusa. . .His madness getting hold of him and he left to go with her when I was out one day.

"(Y/N), we'll get him back." Spirit tried to comfort me and Maka added,

"We'll get him back and we'll rid Crona of Medusa forever, (Y/N)!"

Looking at the girl, I nodded and calmed down, hoping beyond hope that I would be able to get my hands on that snake witch.

A few months later, we were in the middle of a battle with Arachnophobia when Maka told me she was going after Marie and Crona.

"I'm going too." I told Lord Death and he sighed, replying,

"I'm not surprised. Just don't die."

"I don't plan to, Lord Death."

Maka and I got to the house about six hours later and I reminded her,

"Don't lose your head in there, Maka."

"You either, (Y/N)." Soul replied. placing a hand on my shoulder and making me nod. At the beginning of the battle, Stein hesitated in attacking me. However, he didn't hesitate after Medusa spoke to him and I looked over to Marie, requesting,

"Let me handle him. Help Maka."

"But-"

"Please."

". . .Alright."

Stein lunged at me and I blocked his hit, grunting softly. His eyes were wild and his wavelength was different, the madness making it just as wild. Standing across from him, I held out my hand and my weapon form came into my hand.

'I can't stay like this for long. . .It's painful.' I thought, wincing and gripping the handle of the scythe, hard. Stein started laughing, manically, and he was turning his screw. The glare he was shooting at me wasn't one that I was use to and its intensity made me uncomfortable.

"Franken, please!" I pleaded, not truly wanting to fight him. However, he lunged at me again and almost hit me with his soul force. Grabbing his wrist, I sighed and just before I could activate his healing wavelength, Medusa yelled,

"Vector plate!" The arrow appeared under me and threw me away from Stein and I flipped, slowing down. Landing on a cube two away from Stein, I sighed and glared at Medusa, holding my tongue.

Looking back at Stein, I frowned and jumped over to his cube, lunging at him. Dodging my hand, he grabbed my wrist and I smirked, letting go of my weapon form. Twisting my arm, I wrapped my free arm around his neck and his shock made him hesitate, giving me enough time to activate the healing wavelength.

Opening my eyes, I saw inside of Stein's madness and he was sitting on the floor next to a radio, mumbling to himself.

Walking over to him, I knelt in front of him and he didn't seem to notice. He kept his head in his hands and the mumbling didn't stop. Reaching out, I hesitated and didn't know how he'd react to my touch. Looking at the glow on my hand, I took a deep breath and lifted his chin, making his emerald eyes meet mine.

"(Y/N). . .(Y/N)!"

His arms wrapped around my waist and his mouth was pressed to mine, swiftly. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I kissed back and felt him coming back into reality.

Pulling away, we were back in the real world and Stein's eyes opened, revealing that his eyes were back to normal.

"You came for me. . .(Y/N)." Stein commented, resting his forehead against mine. Putting his glasses on his face, I caressed his face and replied,

"Of course I came for you, my love."

"Let's finish what she started."

Nodding, I transformed and when we resonated, I didn't sense any traces of his madness.

"Stein, you can't resist the power of science~" Medusa cooed, striking a nerve and Stein chuckled, replying,

"Not interested in science anymore."

"What?"

Watching, I saw Maka and Soul,

"GENIE HUNTER!"