Taking A Break: Day Three

Today we were at a cafe in Rome, (Y/N) was in a pair of jeans and a loose fitting t-shirt. If you didn't know that she was pregnant, you wouldn't know. Her baby belly wasn't visible in the shirt and I smiled, teasing,

"Isn't that my shirt?" Her face tinted pink and she looked way from me replying,

"Shut up." 

"Why are you so adamant about hiding your stomach?" I asked, reaching a hand across the table and holding her hand, gently. Our eyes met and I saw the hesitance in her eyes. Sighing, I closed my eyes and mused,

"I wish you could see what I see." 

"What you see?"

"I wish you could see just how beautiful you are." Opening my eyes, I met her (e/c) ones and she blushed, looking away from me.

"I'm not the smartest. My body is going to change after this. It won't be the same." She whispered, upset filling her voice and I frowned, arguing,

"That is NOT true!" 

"!!"

Sighing, I clamed down and looked at her, continuing,

"I am not just in love with you physically. Yes, you're gorgeous and even after this you'll be gorgeous. You are smart. The only thing that will change is the fact that there will be a little one running around. My love for you won't go away and I hope your love for me won't go away. I'm marrying you because I'm in love with you. Nothing can change that, (Y/N)." 

(Y/N)'s eyes widened and she squeezed my hand, tearing coming to her eyes. When they slipped out, rolling down her face, she wiped them away and huffed,

"Damnit, these hormones!" 

Moving my chair, I sat next to her and wiped her tears away with a thumb, lovingly. Unconsciously, she nuzzled into my hand and smiled, softly.

After lunch, we went to a park and we were holding hands, walking quietly. The silence was comfortable and (Y/N) was calmer than earlier. 

"(Y/N). . ." I called, making her stop and look back at me, tilting her head. Smiling, I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and she smiled, biting her bottom lip. Reeling her into me, I caressed her waist and rested my forehead against her own, looking into her eyes. 

"Stein, we're in public and it looks like it's gonna start raining." (Y/N) whispered, looking into my eyes and leaning towards me. Leaning down, I pressed my mouth to her own and laced my other hand through her hair, keeping her pressed to me. 

She kissed back and wrapped her arms around my neck, lacing her fingers through my hair. Just before we pulled away, it started to rain and a water droplet hit the top of my head, making me jump. (Y/N) giggled and looked up, the rain falling down her face. It almost looked like tears and the thought of that made me frown. 

"What's wrong?" She asked, cupping my face and I smiled down at her, replying,

"Nothing. It almost looked like you were crying and that thought in itself is upsetting." Her eyes softened and she shook her head, kissing my cheek. The rain started to come down harder and I picked her up bridal style, making her squeal. 

"Stein! I can walk!" 

Her face was red and I smiled, replying,

"I'll be faster." Running, I made it to the street and flagged down a cab, quickly. When we got it, I sighed and told him o go to our hotel, also apologizing about the rain. When we got back, I shivered and (Y/N) walked into the bathroom, taking off her drenched clothes. Walking in after her, I caressed her stomach and knelt down, pressing a kiss to her midsection. 

For the rest of the day, we ended up lounging around the hotel room, cuddling, and watching movies. At the end of the day, I was rubbing (Y/N)'s head and she was laying on my exposed stomach, drawing circles into my skin with her fingertips. 

"Stein?" She called, not looking at me and I hummed, in response. 

"Thank you."

"For?"

"Being yourself."

"A mad man?"

(Y/N) giggled and shook her head, sitting up to look at me. 

"For saving me from a toxic relationship, loving me, and being someone I thought I didn't need." 

"(Y/N), I never stopped loving you and I never will. I will kill Troy for what he's done to you one day. And you don't need me, (Y/N). You're strong."

"No, Stein. I find myself needing you more and more. I don't know what I'd do without you, now." 

"Hm. That's good then because I don't know what I'd do without you either. I love you too, (Y/N)." 

She looked at me and I smiled, making her relax. She laid back down, resting her head on my stomach again and I ran a hand through her hair, gently.