House of the Rising Sun

Strength does not come from winning...Your struggles develop your strengths... When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. 

  ❤❤❤ 

While Tara imperially fought with Paul, Franklin had hurriedly retrieved his severely injured Sire from the woods; while Eggs assisted the badly injured Eric to his feet. Pam kept guard of the witches as they all watched in awe. Tara wrathfully destroyed Paul. Suddenly when she fell from the sky, the Norse man was in a substantial amount of pain, still, her caught her limp, comatose body, and prevented her fall to a certain demise. The unconscious deity lay sprawled across his strapping arms. He regarded her close, holding the woman tight as if to never let her go. Carefully, he carried her, gently placing her in the backseat of an abandoned Lincoln Town-Car; he limped his way to the other side of the car and sat next to her. With Pam's injured Grand-Sire riding shotgun, the feisty vampire put her pedal to the metal and rode away from the gory, demolished scene.

After the harrowing ordeal, the exhausted, blood-covered group found refuge at Godric's Baton Rouge residence. The house was less than a mile away and well hidden, and unknown to most. Holly, the retired, registered nurse practitioner, and novice Wiccan, was called and asked to tend to the injured and dehydrated Tara. The reliable friend used an IV to hydrate the sleeping goddess and applied Wiccan healing ointments on her wounds.

Nora and Naomi took on the difficult task of pulling the silver from Eric and Godric's flesh. Having the flesh burning silver extracted was exceptionally painful for the vampires, but it was the only way the healing process could begin. Pam phoned her pet Kathi and two willing humans are also known as 'blood donors' and paid them generously to provide blood to Eric and Godric.

As daylight approached, Godric made haste to his underground- master bedroom. Pam preferred to slumber in a coffin, so she took the underground guest room. Godric's spare coffin was custom-made, plush, and enormous, roomy enough for the leggy vamp and her sexy pet to unwind comfortably.

Nora chose a room on the main floor down the hall from the master suite, and Naomi selected the adjacent room. Their beaus wanted to return to New Orleans, but the witches urge them to stay. They wanted to be near Tara and be of aid to her if needed.

Eric felt better once the silver was removed, he fed on the donor. He thanked Holly and removed Tara from the sofa; he carried his sleeping beauty to the master suite. Almost instantly, Eric fell into a deep slumber.

❤❤❤

Three Days Later...

TARA POV

I have my reoccurring dream and finally, it made some sense to me. The dream was a precursor of my origins. It is a gateway from my world to this one. A voice spoke to me and told me that Earth represents strength, stability, prosperity, and femininity. Air represents communication, telepathy, dreams, and rituals. Water represents the subconscious, purification, wisdom, and the soul. Fire represents energy, inspiration, and leadership.

She said that I rule on all these elements, the emotional as well as the physical aspects. As I began to wake, my internal warning system switched on. Mercifully, there was no flashing red. This time, I saw colors I'd never seen before. It started as a bright burst of yellow, mixed in with waves of blue, flowing into a haze of green. I felt no reason to fear. The vivid visuals calmed me, soothed me, and warmed me like a plush blanket. Suddenly the green swirled into a deep sensual purple that waved and pulsated. In an astonishing response, my inner thighs tingled and I became unbearably moist down there. It felt so intense, arousing, it was intoxicating to me. I instantly recalled the time I felt this way. My eyes popped open and I turned my head slowly...