Baptized In The Fire

The tragedy of life is not that it ends too soon, but that we wait so long to begin it...

  ❤❤❤  

TARA POV 

Not gonna lie...It felt nice sitting on Eric's lap... But he's got me fucked up if he thinks I'm gonna get back in that circle. I certainly didn't need a room full of weird witches, weirder vampires, and a big ass werewolf staring at me -like I'm some kind of freak. And I told him so right as I ran on out of there.

I ran- I ran past a couple of big goons at the front door...Until I was off the property and on the road. I paused for a moment to catch my breath, I was kind of surprised no one tried to stop me, considering all the fuss but I was relieved nonetheless.

I removed the Gucci pumps from my aching feet and carried them as I briskly walked barefoot on the grassland. New Orleans is south of Shreveport so I headed north. When I called the information line, they gave me the address to the nearest bus station. I began to panic when the operator said it was 12 miles away.

My goodness, I have a helluva walk ahead of me, but at least I had plenty of cash to catch a bus and get my ass home.

'Aether...'

Outta nowhere I hear a voice echoing.

'Aetheeeer...'

What the...

For a split second, I think I'm losing my mind; as far as I can see, no one was anywhere near me.

'Taraaaa...' The voice is even louder... the voice is in surround sound, but directly in my ears, like I'm listening to Beats by Dr. Dre.

'Taraaaaa...'

That's when it hits me; the sound was in my head, and I recognize the voice, it's the British chick, Nora.

'Aether, claim your place as our Supreme.'

Her echoing voice becomes louder hauling me into madness.

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HEAD!" I shouted out, her response is immediate.

'Make me Aether, I am your subject...command your subject...'

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" I scream, thankful that no one's around, I know I look fucking bonkers shouting at myself.

'...You can't because you have no control over your powers...you must take control...'

Totally confused and completely freaked out, I took off running, only to get a few yards before I feel like my lungs are going to explode. I stop to catch my breath, taking a deep inhale-exhale.

'Wicca Protector...Supreme...Aether...Daughter of Isis... Elemental Goddess...'

Now I hear more than one voice, I think it's the Asian chick. They are chanting again and I'm frantically trying to take back control of my head, seeking my lost wits, I suck in another huge intake of crisp southern air.

'Taraaaaaaa...'

And I notice immediately the voices become fainter. That calmed me considerably and I'm able to concentrate more. Focus girl...I snap my eyes shut, focusing only on the quietness that's actually around me. I take a deeper breath; I feel the breeze cooling my clammy skin. I inhale more air and empty all thoughts from my mind.

'Taraaaa'

The voices sound like only a whisper now; I could barely make them out anymore.