The Riots Gone

True friendship multiplies the good of life and divides its evils...

❤❤❤

The next day was littered with confusion and chaos, and this was just breakfast. At the coven, Nora and Sookie were freaking out about what Franklin and Bill told them the other night.

"Vampires are conspiring to divide the alliance between the witches and wolves."

"Why would they do this Nora?" I asked, she knew I was scrutinizing her. Franklin and Bill's conspiracy theories are useless unless we know who the mastermind is or if the great divide can actually be accomplished. In all honesty, I wish they would have kept their fucking mouth shut. I hate it when those two get my girls panties all twisted unnecessarily.

"You know that it was a vampire who bombed Fangtasia, they're blaming the wolves, saying it was the coven paid them to do it!" Sookie was beside herself with all the rumors and upheaval; she's never been the one to handle stress well.

"Does Bill have any proof of that Sook.?" She'd believe that the blue sky was polka dotted if Bill told her so.

"We don't need the proof when we already have the motive," Nora chimed in. "I can tell you why some vampire would do this. There are so many reasons but the main one is power, the second is retaliation. Whoever is after us, wants us divided, that is the only way they can conquer."

I nodded, that makes sense, Nora always makes sense.

"That night when the witch hunters broke into my house, Absalom broke through the realm." I'm not sure why I chose to confess that now. But there was never going be a good time to give them the bad news. A chorus of gasped echoed in the breakfast nook. Ruby frowned; Sookie looked visibly shaken and Nora was just furious, she peered my way, face resolutely unimpressed.

"This happened the same night as the bombing, didn't it?" She questioned but didn't wait for my response, she already knew the answer. "You saw us the very next day and said nothing... at all" She stood and began to pace the room in frustration, "Would if Absalom had decided to visit us last night? We would have been completely blindsided. As Aether, it is your duty to be our beacon, to shine the light on the darkness."

"Nora, I took care of it. I didn't tell you because I don't want our people living in fear. I want them to feel safe and secure."

"Nothing has changed with you, Tara..." She sneered at me, her face reddened with anger.

"Nora..." I began, but I really didn't know what to say, she was right after all. I should have told them. 

"How many of us will have to die before you realize that we are all in this together." Her eyes began to water with tears and she stood from her seat. 

"Nora wait..." I stood and reached over for her shoulder, she jerked herself away, turned and left the kitchen nook.  

"Let her go," Ruby said calmly, just as I was about to walk out of the room. "I'm pissed too, I knew those assholes were witch hunters but how could you not tell me about Absalom."

I sighed in defeat. "OKAY!" I shout out in exasperation, "I get your point, if Absalom shows her hideous face again, I will post it on my Instagram, Facebook and my Twitter account OKAY!"

"This is all got to be connected somehow," Sookie mumbled. "This is no coincidence."

"I think you are right Sook and tonight we need to all meet, our vampires, wolves and the entire coven. We need to find out what everybody knows."

Sookie nodded her agreement and left; I won't see her until Bill rises for the night.

"I agree with that too, until then, I want to show you something." My aunt took a leisurely sip of her coffee and a nibble of her cranberry orange scone.