Friday came round quicker than I expected. With all the excitement bubbling in me, I didn't think it would come this quick.

Me and Hope were planning on spending the next week in the garden, and enjoying the sun. It was school holidays, so I wasn't at work and she wasn't at school. Perfect if you ask me.

I placed her on the bed, and watched as she played with hair brushes. She had long hair for her age, so she was always using my stuff to style it. Of course at aged two there's not many styles she can transform her hair into, but she still tries a slick back pony tail, or clipping the sides up.

As I began my makeup, I watched her from the mirror and was completely fixated with how cute she was. Her little hands were grabbing bunches of her hair, and trying to put a bobble round it. I let out a little giggle as she scrunched her face up in frustration; she couldn't get the bobble to stay in perfectly.

"Do you need mommy to help you, sweetie?"

She looked up, with her lips in a pout. "No mommy I can do it"

I loved her determination, and independence. Such a positive, optimistic little girl.

"If you're sure baby girl"

She gave me a big, goofy grin, and went back to doing her hair.

I spent my time sorting my hair into beach waves. Simple, but elegant.

I had two outfit options: a black strapless dress or a white off-the shoulder mini dress.

Amanda was staying the night with Hope, so I needed her to hurry up so she could help me.

I put the black one on, but I wasn't sure. It was cute, but I wanted to see the white one first.

The white one made my chest look bigger, and threw attention to my shoulders. It sat just above my knees, and accentuated my curves. Maybe I could wear this one?

"Wow. You're going to knock the guy off his feet"

"I didn't hear you come in, you scared me!" I yelled, my hand smacking straight into my chest.

I almost jumped out my skin when I heard her voice, I didn't even hear the door open or close.

"So this one then yeah?" I asked, changing the subject immediately.

"Yes. Without a doubt"

I topped my makeup off with a bright red lipstick, and put my suede, black high heels on.

I was shaking with nerves. He said I could wear anything but I wanted to look good. I'm hoping he just said that to be polite. If he's underdressed I will cry. I'll feel so embarrassed.

"Amanda what if he's not as dressed up as me?" I worried, a pained expression reaching my features.

"It doesn't matter, your on a date you're entitled to look that beautiful no matter where he takes you" she was speaking to me like I was stupid. I get that, but he said anything what if he meant that for a reason?

"I'm putting some flats in my clutch"

"Your choice, but honestly if you have to take those off let him do it, and let him rub your feet if they hurt too"