A Truth Be Told

(Gold's POV)

Yoshira's sitting on the couch as she watches whatever THAT is on her TV. Oh, Arceus, it's that show that Silver loves. Yoshira turns her head to our direction and then her face sinks. 

"Who is that?" Yoshira asks. "That BETTER not be a new girl you love!" 

"Technically she is," Jewel says. "but... this girl is our long lost sis!"

"Sis?" Tohira walks into the room. "I've watched some anime shows where some girl falls for his brother!"

"Siblings can't love each other like that, right?" Yoshira asks. 

"No," Jewel says. "not like that!" Topaz nods.

"She likes you, Gold," Topaz whispers to me. 

"All of them do..." Jewel whispers.

Don't remind me. Mizu is sitting at the kitchen table doing her homework. Forgot to mention that she's now going to school! I walk up the stairs and into my room. I plop onto my bed and stare into space. Minutes later Jewel comes into my room. 

"Hey, Gold?" She says. "Are we gonna tell Topaz who the girls REALLY are?" I nod. Jewel doesn't ask why because she knows that it'd be hard to mouth it out. Damn, having no voice is so... weird. She walks out of my room.

There's something else on my mind. I haven't seen Red for the past few weeks at school. Yeah, I've seen Yellow but not Red. Is he now disabled? I figure it out tomorrow. I hear some footsteps outside of my room but I just ignore it. Seconds later someone sits beside me on my bed. I look up and it's Topaz. This might be a good time to tell her.

"Gold," She says. Hearing the tone of her voice, it seems like there's something she needs to talk about. "after all these years, I get to see you. I longed for the day I'd meet you and here you are! In front of my eyes. But... I never expected you to be in this situation. Why? Why're you determined to put your life in danger? So determined to meet death? You've been hunting for human Pokémon. We don't even know if they now possess greater power!" I sit myself up and take a deep breath.

"That's who these girls are," I mouth. "Pokémon."

Topaz's eyes widen, her upper body stiffens, and her expression is just plain shocked. "You DO know that Team Rocket will be hunting for you, right? They'll try to take them away-"

"That's why I saved them," I mouth. "I can't just sit here."

"So what Pokémon is the pink-haired one?"

"Mew."

"Green-haired?"

"Shaymin."

"And the blue-haired?"

"Manaphy. It hatched from an egg."

Topaz walks out of the room. She seems worried for some reason.

To be continued...