I'll Save It

(Gold's POV)

"Yeah," I say. "I'll go for it!"

"Great," Professor Oak says. "meet me here after lunch."

"Wait," I quickly say. "we're starting today?!"

"Didn't you whine about the fact that you HAVE school today?" 

"O-oh," I say, feeling a little stupid. "y-yeah! I'll go!" The bell rings.

"Time for you to go," Professor Oak says. "Remember, after lunch! Don't tell anyone about this!" I nod and run out of the office. I run up the stairs and enter the second floor. No one's in the hallway so I can run to my classroom without getting in trouble. First, I get everything to my locker and then run into the classroom and take my seat.

"Why were you late, Gold?" My teacher, Professor Elm asks.

"I needed to help Professor Oak with something!" I say, trying to regain my breath.

"You better not be lying," Professor Elm says as he stares at with a suspicious look.

"You can ask him."

"I'll ask him later." 

"Hey, Gold," Jewel says as she leans in and whispers to me. "why in Arceus' name were you late?"

"I just explained it." Jewel's not convinced. Her black hair, azure colored eyes, kind spirit is shining in the sky. "I'm not gonna be here after lunch."

"Why?" Jewel asks.

"Professor Oak gave me detention at that time." It hurts to lie to Jewel. See, in our childhood we would tell each other everything. We were always there for each other. So it pains me to lie to her.

"Stop getting into trouble!" Jewel worriedly says. The rest of the day up until lunch was the same. Y'know, you gotta do work, presentations, and other boring things. It's lunch break now. I don't have to meet Oak yet so I decide to just hang out in homeroom. The others come in. When I say others, I mean Red, Green, and Yellow who are all in their last year here, and then Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald who are in their first year of high school.

I think I'm daydreaming. How did Mew turn into a human? Why does everyone fear it? Isn't it the kindest Pokémon unless it HAS to attack? How am I gonna do this?! If everyone fears this thing... doesn't that mean it's attacked people before?

"GOLD!!" I jump at the voice. It's Jewel. "You okay? Something's on your mind. What's up?"

"Huh?" I say. I just realized what she'd just said. "O-oh! Y-yeah I'm fine I'm fine!"

"I'm not convinced. You can tell me."

"Jewel," I say. "I'm not gonna lie to you. I'm fine." Shoot! That one hurts. Again, I hate lying to her. The phone rings. It's the class phone. It's connected to the wall. I have a feeling that this one's for me. I walk over to the phone and answer it.

"GOLD!!" Professor Oak says on the other end. "MEW'S NEAR US! WE HAVE THIS CHANCE! GET TO THE OFFICE NOW!!"

"Alright, alright," I say. "I'm coming." I hang the phone up. I turn to the others who are staring at me. "I-uh, got this situation! See you guys tomorrow!" I run out of the classroom, get to my locker, almost fall down the stairs, and dash to get to the office. The door slams open and Professor Oak's at his desk. 

"Gold," He calmly says. "this is our chance! Mew is located at Cerulean City!"

"But how am I gonna catch it?" I ask. "A Pokéball is supposed to work on Pokémon. Would it work on humans?"

"No. You must befriend and bring it to my lab that's in Pallet Town." I give him a surprised look. "What?" He says. "You can easily befriend Pokémon! You got this!"

"Alright," I say. "Cerulean City, here I come!" I run out of the school, get my skateboard, and head on over to Cerulean. I'll save you, Mew!

To be continued...