Topaz

(Jewel's POV)

"Is that you, T-Topaz?!" I ask.

"N-no way," She says, also in shock. "J-Jewel?!" Tears begin to fall out of my eyes. I squeeze Topaz into a hug and start crying. She does the same with me. 

"It's been so long," I say. "I've missed you so much!"

"Same here," Topaz replies. "Oh, Jewel, things have been so hard for the past few years!"

"Things are difficult now," I say. "Gold's dealing with a lot of things!" I turn my gaze to Gold. He's sleeping peacefully against the tree. I slap his left cheek with my left hand. His eyes open wide and he sits up. His mouth gives us the "OW!" shape.

"BIG BROTHER!!" Topaz shouts as she drags Gold into another hug. Gold's confused. Topaz quickly lets go of Gold. "You remember me, right?"

"No," Gold mouths.

"WHAT?!" Topaz angrily says. 

"I'm kidding, Topaz!" Gold mouths.

"DON'T DO THAT, GOLD!! Anyways, why aren't you speaking?"

"I'll explain it," I say. I tell Topaz the story of how Gold lost his voice. I also tell her about Yoshira, Tohira, and Mizu.

"I thought Gold would stop being a perv," Topaz says. 

"I'm NOT a perv!!" Gold mouths.

"Right," Both of us say. 

"So," I say. "how'd you get here?"

"I'm here because I heard the news about mother. Father would've stopped me but he's no longer here," Oh no. He's dead. Yes, he was abusive, but he was still my father...

"So you've been alone for years?!" I ask.

"Yeah," She replies. "Well, only for the past three years. Oh, but here's one thing: I'm in your school now and I can live with you again!!"

"THAT'S GREAT!" I happily yell. Gold simply smiles. "Well, then let's go back home!" We get back up and make our way home. We get there and Gold opens the door.

To be continued...