The Voice That Cannot Be Used

(Gold's POV)

*Heartbeat*
*Heartbeat*
*Heartbeat*

"Wake up, Gold. Wake up." My eyes slowly open. Something bright shines into my eyes, causing me to close them again. I I open them again to try to adjust to the light. I blink a million times and then start processing my surroundings into my brain. The doctor is standing beside my hospital.

"H-how long have I-I been out?" I ask. But the thing is... nothing comes out.

"You've been unconscious for... some time." The doctor says in a weird suspicious tone. "It'll take some time to get used to not being able to talk. Now you don't need to learn sign language because you're not deaf, but it's your choice. You can just mouth what you're saying though."

"No, I don't wanna learn it," I slowly mouth.

"Yeah, I wouldn't want to either. Anyways, we would've been able to keep laryngeal and- laryngeal helps you use your vocal cords, but the poison also got to there. You are dismissed. Oh, and your sister and friends are at school right now. Your friends brought your Pokémon home too! Take around three days off of school and then you should be good to go back!" He smiles at me as he exits my room."

"It's fine," I mouth. "Thanks! I couldn't thank you enough to pay you back!" He looks back and smiles even more. I get off my bed, grab my backpack that's on the table next to it, and make my way to the washrooms to change. I change into my signature clothes, wash my hands because it's a dang hospital, run down the stairs and make my way home. I stop around ten feet away from the hospital entrance.

"Um... what city am I in?" I mouth to myself. Oop, there's a sign next to the hospital. The Goldenrod city hospital. Oh, I should've known. It's Goldenrod. Obviously I should've known. I text Jewel, telling her that I'll see her at home. Alright, I think I should just use my skateboard. I roll through Johto, feeling like I just came back from the dead. Okay, c'mon! If you've been unconscious for a billion years, then it's gotta feel like you've just been resurrected!

Aw, shoot. I stop in the middle of Cherrygrove City. I gotta text my mom. Wow. There's about a trillion messages she's sent me.

"I'm fine, mom," I text her. "hope you can come back soon! Love you!" I continue rolling through the last route and then make it to New Bark Town. I get to my house and enter the house as I open the door. Huh? I-I hear someone crying a little. It's coming from the kitchen. I slowly walk over there and catch Yoshira sitting at the table, crying into her hands very quietly. My Pokémon are comforting her. They haven't seen me yet.

"Yoshira?" I say. Dang it! I can't speak. I hit the wall very lightly but loud enough for her to hear me. Her and my Pokémon look at me. They realize the fact that I'm there. All of them tackle me to the ground, squeezing me, licking my cheeks, and just dropping tears onto me.

"I'M SO GLAD THAT YOU'RE OKAY!" Yoshira yells with happiness and sadness. I smile at her.I hug her and my Pokémon back with joy.

To be continued...