Chapter 83 -- Welcome

Midge glanced at the clock. 11:49. He carefully gathered Scott's two drawings and placed them inside a book he had hidden in his closet. One was almost finished, the other just started. He knew they would be perfect though, he just had to make the time to work on them while Scott was at practice this week.

He cleaned the kitchen and wiped down the counters, then picked up the few things he'd left laying around the living area. After running the vacuum he snuggled up on the couch and found a cartoon to help pass the time. The next thing he knew there was a hand gently running down his cheek as he opened his eyes to his grinning Scott.

"Did you have a good nap?" he asked, straddling Midge and hovering over him.

"I... yes. I did not mean to fall asleep" he answered, groggy.

"I can't believe you didn't hear me come in but you're so cute asleep. I shouldn't have woken you up but I missed you." Scott leaned down gently until their lips came together, then kissed him hungrily. "So much." Once he had sat back and moved to sit where Midge pulled his legs up, he put his arm over the couch and beckoned him over.

Midge planned on leaning daintily on his shoulder but ended up on his lap with his arms thrown around his neck. "I am glad you are home."

Scott pulled him tight, breathing him in and nuzzling his hair. "Missed you."

"I hated sleeping without you."

"Kelly snores."

"She does not! No! Really?" he asked, eyes wide and mischievous.

"No, she doesn't actually snore, but it still sucks. Then you told me you were watching porn of girls and when she came back to the room it was all I could think of. I'm scarred for life. I don't know how I'll go on."

"You are still kidding." Midge asked, wanting confirmation.

"I barely said 6 words to her on the plane, she probably thinks I'm mad. But yeah, I'm sure I"ll get over it. I wasn't kidding about missing you though, that is 1000% true."

"I am glad."

"You have to tell me all about the fire later, I want to know what happened." He saw Midge's face fall and caressed his cheek. "I'm not blaming you, I'm just being a control freak and I'm worried. Besides, I need to know if the fireman was cuter than me."

"He was NOT. He was rather rude and upset with me, but it was my fault. But no, he was not cute at all. Zac says his Lee is cute, is he?"

"Haven't met him but Zac seems more than a little interested."

"He likes him very much but he is... um, hiding he is gay until Christmas, or something like that."

"That's one hell of a present. 'Hey mom, Merry Christmas. I got you a movie of me and my boyfriend having sex.' Sorry, dirty mind after you last night."

"You should be clean after all that time in the shower."

"Oh GOD Midge, you are funny" he said, laughing. "I love your sense of humor."

"And I love you. It is okay to say it?"

Scott had a hard time breathing for a few seconds but once he recovered he grinned from ear to ear. "Oh yeah. Love you too little one."

"I can not breathe very much" Midge muttered a few minutes later, squished into Scott's chest.

"Oh, sorry!" He relaxed his arms and let Midge adjust. "Sorry. I just... I don't know."

"Need to be closer?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"You!!! I just got home!"

"Yes you did. We have been over this, I am very glad. Perhaps we can move on?"

"I actually can't, I promised to call my mom at 2 and work out Christmas plans which means I need to be completely unflustered in six minutes. So be good."

"Alright." Midge climbed down from his lap and sat serenely on the couch a foot away. "I want to say, if it is okay, that I understand if I am not invited or if it does not work well for me to go and meet your family."

"Midge---"

"No, please? I do not mean to interrupt but, is it okay?"

"Go ahead. I want you to say whatever's on your mind."

"I do not expect to go, and it was very nice of you to say and make me feel wanted, but I know it is hard. It is far away and you are busy and I... well I am not a real person."

"What do you mean you're not real?"

"You said it, that... that if I had papers and such that I would be real. I do not know what it means that I am not, but I know that I am not, that I am weird. I talk oddly and do not always know how to act with humans. I just want to say that it is okay."

"I didn't mean it like that! That you were less, or something, just that you would be legal. I'm sorry, I didn't mean that how it sounds. I want you to come and I have been working REALLY hard to make it happen. I just need to work a few things out with mom because, well, I've never brought anyone home before and I don't know if she'll be okay with us sharing my room. I just need to talk to her, okay?"

"Alright Scott. Whatever you... whatever happens is fine with me."

"Good thing my phone still works. Okay, wish me luck."