Chapter 54 -- Fight

*** Violence warning

Midge panicked, jumping up on top of the toilet seat.

"I know you're in here, pussy cat.  Come out here, we're going home" Steven heckled.

"I do not want to go with you.  I can not."

"Oh, yes you can.  And you will."  Steven tugged at the stall door but it was built to open in and didn't budge.  Instead he pushed but it didn't give.  "Come out here Midge, NOW!"

Midge froze.  He didn't have to listen to Steven.  He was Scott's, and Scott would not want him to go with him.  "My owner forbids it."

"I am your owner you ungrateful little shit.  Get OUT HERE!" He hissed, rattling the door.

"You are not.  I will not come with you" he answered, hoping that he sounded more brave than he felt.

"Fine, we'll do it the hard way."  Steven got down on the floor and climbed under the door, grinning.

Midge watched, terrified.  He could not attack a human except in defense, it was not allowed.  But he could not leave with him, either.  It was also not allowed.  He opened his mouth to scream but no sound came out and a moment later Steven's nasty hand was clamped over his mouth, another beefy arm wrapped around his chest.

Steven unlocked the door and carried Midge out of the stall.  "Be quiet and be good and I won't hurt you.  Got it?"

*** *** *** *** ***

Scott stared down at the oreo cheesecake, complete with chocolate drizzle and two spoons. Where the heck is Midge?  He looked around, making sure he hadn't gotten lost coming back to the table. I'll give him two more minutes before I turn into one of those crazy, clingy boyfriends.  He didn't leave, he wouldn't leave.  He promised.

He fidgeted, worried, then looked around the room at the artwork while he counted the seconds.

*** *** *** *** ***

When Midge saw the back door approaching, he knew that he was out of time and options. He had only one chance to do what he thought his master would want and he made a split second decision. He brought his tail up as hard as he could, smacking Steven in the face.  When the hand covering his mouth shifted, he bit down and screamed as loudly as he could.  "HELP!!"

Scott knew that voice and jumped up, his chair falling to the floor.  He ran towards the restrooms just in time to see the back door close.  He paused just a moment next to the men's room door before running down the hall and throwing the door open.   A man was dragging Midge towards a car while he struggled.  "Midge!"

Steven was trying to get the little imp into his car which he had moved to the door during his last 'smoke break.'  If he could just get him in and both of them out of here, they would be golden.  The stupid brat wasn't cooperating though; he hadn't planned on Midge resisting.  When his arm was grabbed by the stupid pussy's golden body guard, he threw Midge towards the car and swung, landing a solid punch on that preppy jaw.

Midge landed on his feet and saw red.  He hit my Scott!  He didn't even think, simply jumped between the two men and kneed Steven in the crotch.  When he buckled down, folding at the waist, he drew back and punched him in the nose.

"Midge, stop!" Scott begged, pulling at him.  "Get out of here!"

He couldn't stop though, not while Steven could still hurt Scott.  He hit him again, then brought his leg up and kicked straight out, making contact with his fleshy stomach.

Steven stumbled back, trying to throw his hands up to protect himself.  He fell to his knees and looked up just in time to see a black sole aiming straight for his face.

Midge felt the impact all the way to his spine and watched as Steven's head jerked to the side, bones and cartilege crunching beneath his foot.  He cringed at the blood, felt his stomach revolt.

Scott wrapped his arms around Midge's shoulders, yanking him backwards.  "STOP!  Midge, please, it's okay.  Stop."

"You are safe?" he asked, his voice eerily calm.

"Yes, we're fine.  But we need to get out of here."  He took Midge's hand in his and walked him around the side of the building and through the front entrance.

"Why are we going back?"

"I didn't pay.  It'll just take a second."  It took the hostess a bit of time to figure out which check was their's but soon they were walking out with their cheesecake wrapped to-go.  "Time to go home."

"Thank you."

"Midge, are you alright?  Did he hurt you?"

"I am fine.  Are you alright Sir-Scott?"

"You're with me, I'm perfect.  But honey, what happened back there?  I thought you were going to kill him."

"I would have.  He hurt you."

"Remind me to never, never get on your bad side."  He parked the car and walked around to open Midge's door when he didn't get out.  "Coming?"

Midge didn't answer, just followed Scott up the stairs and curled up on the couch, shivering.

*** *** *** *** ***

Steven lay in the parking lot for several minutes until one of the waiters came out for a break.  "Hey Matt...."

        "Holy shit dude, what happened?"

"Got mugged, a customer.  Tall blonde guy, table 17.  Find out if he paid cash or credit?  I need an address"  he said, holding his apron up to his face to try to stop the bleeding.

        "Of course.  I'll send Uchenna out, she's an EMT and can take a look at you or call an ambulance, whatever."

"Thanks man."