Chapter 32 -- Wednesday

Midge carefully unfolded himself from the ball he'd been curled into while sleeping and slipped out of bed. His eyes went immediately to his bracelet, almost glowing even in the pale light, at least to his keen eyes. Scott was spread eagle on his stomach, hair going every which way, wrist wrapped with a silken thread. It hadn't been a dream. It was real. He smiled to himself and went into the living room.

It was much brighter here without the curtains drawn but his eyes soon adjusted. After getting the Keurig ready for coffee later, he grabbed a glass of milk and curled up on the couch with his book. It was childish and silly, but he didn't care because yesterday he had read through the whole thing. He opened it and started again but soon grew bored of it, his thoughts drifting to last night.

He'd done it, he'd been collared and even though maybe it wasn't quite the same as he had been taught to expect, he still had a place. He belonged here now,with Scott. He had a home again. He grinned and stretched, walking over to the window to watch the day. It was late, he had slept in longer than he usually did. Instead of the early morning calm, the city below was already in full swing.

He heard the beep of Scott's alarm, then his muffled, unhappy grunt. Smiling, he turned on the coffee machine and walked into the bedroom. "Good morning."

"Mmmmm Uh Slp Or."

He didn't catch any of that but it didn't seem to be a command, Scott never demanded much in the mornings anyway. No, ever. He never demanded much ever.  Midge still worried though, when he didn't understand, afraid he might fail him in some way. "I am sorry, I did not understand."

"Cmeeeere" he answered, cracking open one eye and swooping his arm out to catch him around the waist.

"Ooh, okay" Midge curled close, happy to feel his warmth.

"Huhiii" he mumbled, almost intelligibly.

"Hello"

Suddenly he turned, eyes wide. "Are you okay? With last night, with everything? Do you feel okay?"

He almost looked.... afraid? Midge tilted his head as he examined his words from several different angles. "I am fine, but I am not sure why you would ask. Did you think I would not be?"

"I'm glad. I was just worried. Not about your bracelet, although that is huge and I probably should be worried but right now I was just thinking about last night. After."

"Ah" A smile crept onto his face and he bit his lower lip. Last night they'd gone further, come closer. Scott had made him feel ways he'd never felt, had done things to him no one had ever done. It had been amazing, and good, so good. But he hadn't used him, although Midge had expected it and had been more than willing. After all, Scott was his owner and there was no reason for him not to.

"I like the smile on your face. I hope it wasn't too much. I didn't plan to do it... anything really but... GRRRRR" He held him close, his hand lazily playing with Midge's hair. "Do I smell coffee?"

"Yes" he answered, hopping up.

"I didn't mean you had to get up. Wait for me, I'm coming." He stood and stretched his back, then grabbed his sweatpants and followed Midge into the kitchen. "Thank you, this is a nice treat."  Scott grabbed his cup and went into the living room, sitting on the couch and putting his feet on the coffee table. He spotted Midge's book and picked it up. "Do you need new books before the trip? I have a meeting but afterwards I'm all yours. We need to get ready for tomorrow."

"I do not.... I am sorry. I would appreciate some new books, but it is not necessary."

"That's pretty close to a 'yes, please get me new books' for you, so we'll go."

"May I ask how long we will be gone? I am just wondering how it will work, seeing Misty."

"Honestly, I don't know much, we're going to have to play it by ear. We're going over for dinner Thursday night, and he said we were welcome to stay with them---"

"In the house? With Misty? I'm so sorry Sir, I did not mean to interrupt." He closed his mouth and ducked his head.

"Don't apologize, it's fine. Midge? With me now?" He waited until he looked up and then smiled. "Okay, yes, in the house. We'll see how things go though, we can always get a hotel room. We didn't make any plans for Friday, I don't know yet."

"That would be amazing."

"I hope so.  Zac is going to drive down with us but he'll fly back Sunday. We can drive back whenever, depending on how things go, alright? I have no problem staying the whole weekend so you can spend some time with her if his uncle doesn't mind. I hate saying that, but you know what I mean. I'm flexible if things work out."

"I am so excited, thank you so much!"

"You're welcome honey. I've gotta get a shower and get going but I won't be gone long. Call me.... go ahead, finish it."

"If I need anything. I will."

"Good. This evening we need to get you some more clothes and some books, and anything else your heart desires. We have a big day tomorrow."