Epliogue

The song for this chapter is "Goodbye My Lover" by James Blunt a video is attached. It just screams Jamie and Carter.

This chapter is dedicated to bonez0211 who inspired me to do a sequel which I am pretty excited about.

Enjoy!

****

* Carter Stone *

It has been eleven months since I came back to Paquete de Lune de Sangre and it has been nothing like I could have expected. Though everything wasn't how it was before I was relieved of my Beta duties, it wasn't far off. Instead of being the sole Beta, Brett and I now shared the position. Well, for the most part anyway. The line has been drawn as far as if anything ever happens to Nate. For now Brett and I are equals but, in case of his departure Brett would step up as Alpha. To be honest, he deserved it more then I did anyway.

The three of us, Nate, Brett, and I traveled together often being called the three musketeers or the three stoogies by Jamie and Chloe. Nice huh?

As weird as you may think hanging out with Nate was, it really wasn't that bad . Within a few days everyone accepted the fact that I was back and ignored the reason why I had left in the first place. Excluding the first two days when the questions strolled in.

Often I was asked why I gave up on Jamie, why I decided to push her towards Nate instead of continuing to fight for her. The answer is simply really, they belong together. For the longest time I wanted to ignore that they meshed well together. I didn't want to see that she mellowed him out and made him a better person. Or that he made her stronger. No, I only wanted to see the fact that she belonged to me and I spent my time focusing on all the negative things he did to take her. But, as much as I wanted Jamie to be mine at the time, her love was devoted to him since the day he marked her.

To this day, I still have people question how I watch them together. How I can sit by seeing them happy, holding hands and kissing. I would be lying if I said it didn't get to me every now and then. However, I know their will be a time for me to find that feeling again. If Nate and Jamie can make their wolves fall in love then I knew their was hope for me to do the same.

People seem to be curious about Heather as well, I'm not sure why. Some tend to think I should have followed her and we could have become a couple. As if us doing that would right a wrong or something. However, you can't force feelings. Desires to be with Heather Clark are something I'll never see myself having again. Last thing I heard she was still trying to find herself a mate. Of course finding someone to run the pack with wasn't hard, every omega and delta wanted the position. According to the gossip spewing about, she was waiting to fall in love before settling down. I admired that.

Glancing up I stared at the old school clock next to the fridge. My eyes zoomed in on the seconds hand watching every single click it made as it maneuvered around in a circle. Leaning back I let out a breathy groan catching Nate's attention immediately. Slowly his head lifted from its resting position in his hands as he looked at me, his eyes still blood shot and filled with worry. "She will be alright" I promised him though only a second later Chloe let out an eerie scream which had his shoulders rolling back.

'How's she doing?' My wolf questioned Brett who was upstairs tending to the needs to his new wife who just so happened to be delivering their first child.

'Good' was all he muttered back before focusing on the task at hand, not that I blamed him.

"I can't believe we are going to be uncles" Nate chuckled resting back in his chair as he fought to think of anything but the fact that his baby sister was having pups of her own at this very minute.