Chapter 11

The song for this chapter is "Monster" by Skillet.

This chapter is dedicated to akosieallan!

Enjoy!

****

* Jamie Watson *

"You are being irrational!" I yelled loudly as Nate's grip tightened on the steering wheel. His jaw tensed as he knuckles turned white which was an indicator that his anger was rising though I ignored the warning. "Carter is the one who is my mate, not you!" I fought him again wanting him to know that I didn't appreciate him telling me what to do and forcing me to leave my pack after only a short time. I knew part of my anger wasn't directed at him I was mad at myself. I should have said something before, I had my family and Carter there, they would have backed me up. I know they would have. But I clammed up, I followed Nate's command like an obedient dog officially screwing myself over.

"Enough! Just shut up!" He ordered as his speed increased dramatically causing me to gulp as he weaved in and out of traffic dangerously.

I did what he said once more and kept my mouth shut as he finished driving 'home' at an intense speed may I add. Though as soon as he pulled into his pack land I started in again. "You can't keep bossing me around, I'm not a little puppet" I hissed as he glanced at me quickly, his light eyes penetrating into my profile which would usually make me cower in fear yet I wasn't backing down, not this time. Wyatt was right I had to take control of the situation and if Nate got me back up to his room there was no leaving.

"I never said you were" he spoke calmly as he jumped from his car. "Get out" he demanded as he slammed the door. I knew he just wanted me into the house and locked back in his room before Carter got back and I wasn't going to make it that easy for him.

Instead of obliging with his request, I crossed my arms stubbornly over my chest as I remained seated in the car. His eyebrows rose as he walked around the front of the car glaring at me through the windshield the entire time. The icy stare of his blue eyes was honestly terrifying though I tried to remain confident at least I hoped I appeared that way. 'I said get out' his wolf spoke to mine harshly from outside the car.

'Listen to him' my wolf demanded though I ignored her as well, she was a traitor. I don't care who marked us, that doesn't change the fact of who the Moon Goddess chose for me.

"I don't have to listen to you!" I hollered from inside the car making sure to lock eyes with him on the other side of the glass. His lips twitched up slowly forming a perfect smirk that was honestly had me petrified. Why the hell would he be smirking?! Without another second passing by, Nate yanked open my door, slowly he leaned down slightly to get a better view of me. He flashed me a stern look as if giving me another chance to listen to him before he forced me to obey.

"Last chance princess" he stated smugly as his muscles flexed under his navy blue t-shirt. When I didn't budge, he let out a long exaggerated sigh before reaching into the car. With one swift move, he grabbed my upper arm and pulled my body out with an effortless tug.

"Let go!" I shrieked as I attempted to get loose from his hold by thrashing my arms about though he was much stronger than I was. "Stop treating me like a prisoner!" I raged out ignoring all the signs that were signaling for me to stop pushing him. It was as if I was playing a unique version of Russian Roulette with the Alpha, I knew I would lose but I played anyway.

His grip tightened on me as my words met his ears. "A prisoner?" He shouted tugging my body closer until our chests collided "I'm giving you the chance to have the best life possible, Jamie. You're just too fucking stubborn to see it" he continued with his flawed reality.