Chapter 6

The song for this chapter is "Coming Undone" by Korn. This song is 100%, Nate!

Enjoy!

****
* Jamie Watson *

The two men stood on either side of me, watching me carefully. Nate seemed to think I would not care about meeting Carter's father which caused an overwhelming annoyance to flow through him when I did. Brody, on the other hand, looked worn. I was certain he knew I was Carter's mate since he knew my name and I was hopeful that he may be able to help. "Go" Nate ordered harshly though I ignored his command as I stared at Carter's dad watching the golden flecks in his eyes beam just like his sons. Dismissing his command, I extended my hand to Brody.

"It's nice to meet you," I told him smiling brightly and friendly though I wish Carter was the one to introduce me to his father I was still happy I got to meet him. I just hope he did not judge me too much by my messy hair and tiny dress. In fact, the only thing I really know about Carter's father was that he was Puerto Rican due to Carter noting he believed his good looks came from his partial nationality.

"It's nice to meet you as well" he grinned back, his smile reminding me of Carter's instantly which only led my heart to swell with sadness. Where was he? Why wasn't he helping me fix this like he said he would?

"Where is he?" I whispered out loud this time knowing that Nate could hear me but hoping he could not. Brody's brown orbs lifted to his Alpha as his face quickly pained. Even though he was a grown man he still had to obey Nate. The two men remained in an intense stare battle wishing the other would back down.

He pulled his hand back from mine and briefly gave me a break look over before continuing "I'm sorry" he whimpered, and I knew Nate had ordered him to stay silent. I guess he was the one to give in.

"Please" I begged him desperately only for an arm to lace around my core and pull me back. My backside pressed fully up against Nate as he lifted me off the ground slightly preparing to manhandle me once more. "Nate no" I continued to plead staring at Brody as I pushed roughly on his forearm using all my strength with the hope that he would release me. I dug my nails into his flesh slicing his skin open to which he grunted but did not drop me. As he made his way up to his set of stairs, I began flailing my arms and legs, throwing punches and kicks but nothing seemed to affect him.

"Stop fighting me" he demanded jerking my body upward as he wrapped his tree trunk arm tighter around my hips to get a better hold on me. "Why can't you just accept it?" He huffed with annoyance as I wiggled my body more to break free though he just squeezed tighter and tighter making it nearly impossible to breathe.

'Help me!' I yelled to my wolf who ignored me to obey her new mate. Nate opened his bedroom door allowing it to smack against the wall behind it. "Why are you doing this to me?" I cried out as he finally released me in his room tossing my body until I fell on the floor. "Why are you locking me away and keeping me away from Carter?!" I shrilled ignoring the warm tears that were escaping my eyes and burning my cheeks as they continued to fall. In response, he just stared at me with a blank expression unsure of how to react. After a moment of silence, I locked my eyes on him needing to understand him "Why did you mark me?" I whimpered softly with defeat when he did not answer my other questions. I diverted my gaze downward and focused on my bare legs instead of his tortured face.

"I'm not trying to hurt you" Nate promised as he stepped closer to my body that was now slumped on the floor cowering against his bed frame. I tucked my legs up, using them as blockage between him and me.

"Then let me go" I suggested peering up through my wet eyelashes at his strong tightly clenched jaw as he shook his head killing my hope. Fighting Nate would not work. Reasoning with Nate would not work. What would?