Chapter 29

The song for this chapter is "Sorry" by Daughtry.

This chapter is dedicated to roniwebb3!

Enjoy! :)

****

* Nathaniel Ryder *

"Don't be nervous" I told Jamie tossing my car in park outside of her school. "If Lynn is really upset with you then there is nothing you can do about it" now she frowned. "But, you have Austin right?" I attempted to lighten the mood. I have to admit I didn't particularly like the idea of her running around with her ex fuck buddy but Austin didn't strike me as some love sick puppy. He was truly her friend and that's what she needed so I would have to put my pride aside.

"Thank you for driving me, again" she chuckled lowly officially changing the subject. Turning ever so slightest in her seat as she unbuckled herself her bright orbs met mine but only for a second before she pulled away to retrieve her bag.

"As much as I enjoyed our drives, we need to look into getting you your own car" I spoke waiting for her to squeal with joy but instead her eyebrows pulled together with confusion.

"You don't need to buy me anything" she pouted seeming almost offended with my offer.

"I know I don't have to, but you need to be able to drive yourself places. You're my Luna and you deserve the best" Squeezing her hand I hoped to assure her that I really just wanted her to be happy with me. "Besides we have hundreds of cars around the pack what's one more?" I shrugged as she cracked a small insecure smile that left me unsure of what she truly felt.

"I better get going" she told me glancing out of the windows either in hopes of finding Austin or hoping to dodge Lynn. I could tell she seemed standoffish with me and she had since last night but I tried not to push her. She has been through a lot lately, half of which I've caused. I pushed it off thinking it was just nervousness from seeing Lynn again, after all I knew they weren't on good terms because of Carter. "I'll see you later?" She asked as I nodded. Leaning over the console she moved in for a kiss. Pressing her lips to mine gently I could feel her relax and let her stress go.

Wanting her to feel more at ease and less tense I shifted in my seat pushing myself closer, kissing her back eagerly and fiercely until we ended up in a full on make out session. These damn wolves and their mating bond had us like two horny virgins dying for their first touch. Her nails dug into my arm as I yanked her closer pretending the center console wasn't an issue even though it was the only thing keeping me from pulling her into my lap. Knowing she needed to go and that I had other arrangements I pulled back loving that she was panting for air. "I hope you have a good day" I spoke huskily clearing my throat in the process.

"I'm sure I will...now" she winked pecking my lips once again, teasing me as she pulled away. "I love you Nate" she murmured running her fingers through her dark hair to fix what my hand had messed up. Shyly she peeked through her eyelashes up at me causing my cheeks to lift up from her not so sly gawking.

"I love you too" she smiled at my immediate response and exited the car.

Look out La Meute de La Lune Bleue ready or not here I come.

****

* Jamie Watson *

Walking away from Nate's car I glanced over my shoulder briefly looking back at the sleek black car and smiling at the man inside of it. The man that made me happier then I ever imagined my mate could, when I wasn't thinking about what Carter said that is. I almost wish I was no longer in school so I could spend more time with him. Only a few more weeks and I'd be able to spend all of my time with him. I guess you could say I grew insecure of our relationship. I kept thinking that when I was in school he could be out with Heather, even though I knew he wasn't other wise I would feel it. I couldn't help but think him leaving me was a possibility.