Chapter 22

The song for this chapter is "Monster" by Skillet.

This chapter is dedicated to CinderellasShoe!

Enjoy!

****

* Jamie Watson *

After meeting everyone in my new pack I took a shower while Nate was busying dealing with the Beta situation with Brody and Brett. As it stands right now Brody is the temporary Beta since Brett can't take on the position unless it is permanent. I knew the father and son duo wanted to question Nate's motives and try to persuade him to bring Carter back up I didn't see Nate throwing out the red carpet any time soon.

I hopped from the shower drying my hair briefly before wrapping my white fluffy robe around my body. I pulled open the door to the bathroom my eyes instantly meeting Nate's as he leaned back in his leather chair. "You take long showers" he noted with a sly smirk his gaze meeting my feet and slowly lifting up my body as he took me in.

"I was waiting for you," I told him confidently watching his eyes widen with delight as he stepped up from his chair and walked toward me, never breaking eye contact. With one swift movement, his arm laced around the small of my back tugging me into him.

"I wanted to give you your space" he groaned huskily as every groove of my body met his. "Now I wish I hadn't" I blushed at this as a lust-filled look flashed through his blue pools. I raised my hands placing them on his hips as I pushed my body to my tiptoes in order to kiss him which he happily obliged leaning down and pecking my lips softly and lovingly. The heat was radiating from his muscular body and warming mine as we held each other.

His free hand trailed up my arm until it cupped my face allowing his thumb to sweep along the curve of my cheekbone as he deepened the kiss by pushing his lips against mine harder and eagerly. After a moment he licked my bottom lip asking for entrance and unlike the other night I gave in wanting to taste him fully. As our tongues rolled around his large hand slipped downward pushing itself under my robe and sliding slowly against my shoulder causing goosebumps to surface across my entire body.

Right as his other hand moved to grab the tie holding my robe up there was a knock at the door. "Ahh," he let out an inhuman groan pulling his lips back and resting his forehead on mine. "Don't go anywhere I'm not finished with you yet" he ordered causing me to smile triumphantly as he pulled back and pecked my cheek causing my wolf to squeal with delight.

I shifted out of view so whoever was at the door couldn't see me, even though I was fully covered I wasn't completely dressed and I knew Nate wouldn't be happy to have someone see me knowing I was bare under the thin robe. Seeing who it was he stepped outside as I moved toward the dresser, digging into my bag and pulling out my hairbrush. I walked back into the bathroom looking at my reflection as I untangled my dark brown hair that almost seemed black from being wet.

Before I could even finish Nate walked back in a blank look dominating his face. I glanced up at his reflection but didn't turn around taking note of how much taller he really was than me. "Your brother is here" he stated sounding indifferent about it yet with his wolf's irritability I knew he wasn't thrilled.

"Is everything okay?" I whispered nervously hoping that my parents, the pack and even Carter were safe. He nodded lightly telling me everything was alright as I quickly ripped off my robe and replaced it with a yellow tank top and yoga pants. As I reached the door I slid on my leopard print slippers feelings Nate's intense gaze on me the whole time. I looked up at him leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest stubbornly as an uneasy feeling overcame me. Did he not want me to see Trent? Anxiously I walked over to him unhooking his massive arms as I picked up his hands and held them delicately in mine. "I don't want you to be hurting" I admitted taking a glimpse into his emotion-filled eyes instantly being engulfed by his worry.