Chapter 10

The song for this chapter is "One Step At a Time" by Jordan Sparks.

Also, this chapter is dedicated to stacyd13

Enjoy!

****

* Nathaniel Ryder *

'Are you trying to drive me mad Jamie?' I questioned huskily, still in my wolf form, peering down at her nearly flawless face while trying to ignore the images of her perfect body that kept flashing through my mind. She was lean yet curvy and seemed to be filled in all the right places. Unfortunately, her reveal left little to the imagination for every other male and female here.

'No' she answered simply and smoothly as her head remained turned sideways. Shifting my wolf's head I looked to see what she was so busy looking at and that what became a who. I could tell by the concentrated look on Carter's face that he was complaining to Jamie and he was not pleased with our current position which of course made me very happy. Hey, it wasn't my fault she completely bared her body for me to see and everyone else for that matter. I grunted lowly as I thought of everyone seeing my new mate in such a way. It wasn't like I cared about her or anything it's just what's mine is mine, it's that simple.

Everyone had returned back to their human form other, then myself, luckily we keep spare clothing in our cars for these types of incidences but I couldn't seem to part with Jamie just yet. Even though she had asked me to allow her to get up and get dressed, watching Carter being tortured was much more fun in my opinion. Smiling eternally I decided to play a little game with my Beta as he talked to Trent no doubt about how to deal with me. Spinning my neck back to Jamie I used my wolf's snout to turn her head away from him and bring her attention back to me. Once I had a clear viewing of my mark I had made on her I allowed his tongue to graze against the swollen skin not bothering to ask for permission. Instantly I could feel her stiffen underneath me making it easier to feel every groove of her being. 'N-Nate' she stuttered nervously though my wolf just continued to caress her neck. Her hands gripped my fur as she tugged lightly on it and stifled a moan.

'Let it out baby' I pushed persuasively continuing to assault her neck with my delicate touches. It wasn't hard to figure Jamie out. She was strong-willed and stubborn, she hated me because of what I did to her but her feelings weren't that simple. Her wolf had a deep desire for me, she loved hearing my voice, she craved my touches, she needed me. I didn't doubt the mixed signals Jamie was experiencing would soon be overtaken by her wolf's meaning, in the end, I would win.

'Everyone is watching' she noted self consciously but I didn't care. Let them look, in fact, I wanted them to. Instead of replying I just rolled my tongue against her warm flesh feeling her shuttered underneath me causing my wolf to grow proud. Within a minute of constant love and appreciation, I felt triumphant as she let out a long breathless moan.

'Good girl' I praised her with one last lick before I rubbed the side of my wolf's snout against her jaw. Though my fun was short-lived as a hateful growl dominated my ears instantly I recognized the culprit. 'Hi Carter' I murmured confidently as I glanced in his direction. I was greeted by his angry scowl as his eyebrows pulled together tightly and his forehead creased down. I think that was his way of intimidating me however if anything his frustration just made me feel more accomplished. Honestly, at this moment I just wanted to see how far I could push him before he snapped.

"Get off" he hissed hatefully not using his mind link and instead of making our business everyone's business. Oh well, look who wants to play Alpha. Good try buddy.

'I'm sorry what's your ranking again?' I questioned innocently cocking my wolf's head to the side tauntingly as I watched his temper rise higher than ever before.