Chapter 33

This chapter is dedicated to jahchannah!

Also, I would like to state that this chapter isn't very long. I'm trying to plan out the rest of the story but I wanted to give you guys an update. :)

Enjoy!

****

* Carter Stone *

Watching Nate's retreating back I half expected him to turn back around and beat my face in. That's what he would usually do anyway. His fists were clenched at his sides as he fought off his inner demon, unlike what I had done.

Once he was out of view I turned my attention to the wooden bat that I was still clutching tightly. Staring at the object I still couldn't believe what I had done. I tossed the instrument on the ground just needing it out of my hold. Gaping at my shaky red hands nearly raw from the immense grip that I had on it and the small clauses were beginning for form across my palms.

I was so set in my tracks that Nate was a monster that I ignored my own actions. Jamie was right, I too am a monster.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Brett screamed his voice growing louder and I knew he was descending down the steps and making his way to me. Spinning around I caught his dark, disapproving eyes. "Why would you do that?" He spat harshly stopping only inches in front of me.

"I...I..." I stammered unable to explain my actions. As much as I believed Nate deserved the beating of a lifetime I wasn't proud of my actions. Never in my life would I thought I would attack someone from behind. "I hate him" I muttered, that being the best way to describe my confusing feelings.

Arching his eyebrows in a questioning manor, he cocked his head to the right. "That was way beyond what was necessary Carter, that was weak as shit" he critized. "I know you guys don't have the best track record but attacking him when he's turned around is wrong on so many levels."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I asked breathlessly. "You're going to take his side?! He stole my mate!" I yelled desperately feeling my anger grow once again as my wolf began to stir about. Why does no one understand why I'm pissed? It's obviously really.

"Get over it!" Brett ordered his voice cracking as it broke sound barriers. My body froze at his command, as if forgetting Jamie was some easy task that I could fulfill without thought.

Stunned I restated his demand. "Get over it?" I whispered pitifully. "How am I suppose to get over the fact that I lost my mate?" I asked him seriously. How does one ever move on from the fact that they lost their soulmate? They don't.

He let out a long exaggerated sigh as his temper died down. "I don't know how man, but you need to let it go. Holding on to this is only hurting you. Look at who you've become" he murmured gesturing his head to the bat laying in the grass. "This isn't who you are Carter."

"It's who I've become...because of him" I proclaimed my mouth becoming tight as my teeth ground against one another.

"Stop blaming Nate for your problems" he retorted easily as though Nate wasn't the complete cause of all my pain. He made these choices an so am suppose to live with them and not let them effect me? I tried that. When Nate first marked Jamie I was furious. However, I had Jamie, I knew she didn't want Nate and that made the facts bare able. Now that I lost the one person I was suppose to depend on I'm suppose to be joyful? Fuck that.

I don't understand how everyone is just disregarding what he did. Besides claiming her- which was enough for me. He freaking attacked her! Her literally allowed his wolf to bite her face yet I'm the bad guy for hitting him a bat? The irony.